Calling All Halo Fans: Share Your Favorites and Thoughts!

• Thread starter physics user1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    halo
In summary, the conversation discusses the participants' love for the Halo series, with the first game being a fan favorite due to its nostalgic experience. They also mention enjoying Halo 2, but turning away from the series after Bungie left. Opinions on Halo 4 and 5 are shared, with some enjoying the story and gameplay while others are disappointed. The conversation also delves into specific levels and moments in Halo CE, with some mentioning their favorites and others discussing gameplay strategies. Overall, the conversation highlights the impact and memories the Halo series has had on the participants.
physics user1
Hey, are here any halo fans?
What's your favorite halo game?

What do you think about halo?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, Cozma!

I used to love the Halo series. My favorite game is the first one, no FPS has beaten the experience I had when playing Halo the first time as a kid. Perhaps it's just the nostalgia. I also had a really good time with Halo 2. 3 was good, got the Legendary Edition for my 14th birthday. Now that I remember, I also got the Limited Edition of Halo 2 for my 11th birthday. I was a huge fan back in my teens. Always wanted to play Reach but never got the chance, it looked awesome, better than 3 maybe. Sadly, I turned my back on the Halo series since Bungie jumped ship and never looked back. I played Halo 4 a couple of hours and I got bored pretty quickly. I wasn't even interested anymore when I knew about Halo 5.

What's your opinion on 4 and 5?

P.s. regarding Bungie: Destiny was a HUGE disappoint for me!

Last edited:
Likes physics user1
MexChemE said:
Hi, Cozma!

I used to love the Halo series. My favorite game is the first one, no FPS has beaten the experience I had when playing Halo the first time as a kid. Perhaps it's just the nostalgia. I also had a really good time with Halo 2. 3 was good, got the Legendary Edition for my 14th birthday. Now that I remember, I also got the Limited Edition of Halo 2 for my 11th birthday. I was a huge fan back in my teens. Always wanted to play Reach but never got the chance, it looked awesome, better than 3 maybe. Sadly, I turned my back on the Halo series since Bungie jumped ship and never looked back. I played Halo 4 a couple of hours and I got bored pretty quickly. I wasn't even interested anymore when I knew about Halo 5.

What's your opinion on 4 and 5?

P.s. regarding Bungie: Destiny was a HUGE disappoint for me!

I really enjoyed halo 4, is a good story, but is a bit sad, the only thing I hate are the watchers
I also enjoyed halo 5, I played my first halo (halo combat evolved) when I was a child, (8 years old) and I realized that halo would have been my favourite game, halo also made me enjoy more the science and specially the physics

Likes MexChemE
I loved Halo CE, it's still one of my favorite games to play. I have both my original disc and the anniversary disc with the updated graphics, I switch back and forth, but there is something I like about the surreal atmosphere of the original game. I think it has some of the best game play, it alternates between fairly easy and insanely hard. It still usually takes me four or five tries to successfully board the Truth and Reconciliation in Legendary mode.

Likes physics user1
Ah man Halo:CE was such a big part of my teenage years. Me and my friends used to lug Xboxes, TVs and bags of cables to each others house every other weekend it seemed. For all that the first one probably isn't my favourite because going back is difficult. The mechanics, movement and visuals are just so basic compared to later titles. Reach is my favourite, it had a really solid set of mechanics (the armour powers, health/shield system etc) and a good story.

I've got 4 and 5 and whilst 4 was OK 5 was...disappointing. I realize that they are meant to be going in a new direction because this is the second halo trilogy and the story is kind of interesting but it's not gripping me for some reason. 5 I was really put off by (other than the multiplayer which is great) because the marketing made the game look like it was going to be an awesome spartan on spartan thriller and it turned out to be nothing like that. It's basically just master chief chasing cortana, Locke chasing master chief and no one really achieves anything other than being conveniently placed to witness key plot events.

Likes MexChemE, physics user1 and Silicon Waffle
newjerseyrunner said:
It still usually takes me four or five tries to successfully board the Truth and Reconciliation in Legendary mode.
You're talking about the second time Chief visits the Truth, right? When it's infested with the Flood. It was a really nasty level. Ah, I remember when the s**t hits the fan in the sixth mission, 343 Guilty Spark, IIRC. It's pretty much Master Chief vs. the Flood afterwards. Nasty creatures, they used to scare the hell out of me.

MexChemE said:
You're talking about the second time Chief visits the Truth, right? When it's infested with the Flood. It was a really nasty level. Ah, I remember when the s**t hits the fan in the sixth mission, 343 Guilty Spark, IIRC. It's pretty much Master Chief vs. the Flood afterwards. Nasty creatures, they used to scare the hell out of me.
No, I find that pretty easy, I'm referring to the first time through, the time where as soon as you're on board you'r assaulted by several waves of Covanent and cloaked elites.

My favourite level of Halo CE is two betrayals, there is everything, covenants, sentinels, floods, banshees, snow, it has a wonderful atmosphere, the map is amazing

Mine is The Silent Cartographer. Beach invasion? Sold! Assault on the Control Room/Two Betrayals are my first runners up.

Likes Ryan_m_b
One of my favorite things to do in Two Betrayals is to take the Banshee up to the bridge and push myself through the locked door. The entire level from AotCR is back there, really weirdly lit and no enemies.

despite its age my favoured halo is without doubt halo 1 combat evolved.

Related to Calling All Halo Fans: Share Your Favorites and Thoughts!

What is the purpose of "Calling All Halo Fans: Share Your Favorites and Thoughts!"?

The purpose of this is to gather a variety of opinions and perspectives from Halo fans in order to create a community discussion and exchange of ideas.

What topics can be discussed in "Calling All Halo Fans: Share Your Favorites and Thoughts!"?

Any topic related to the Halo franchise can be discussed, such as favorite games, characters, weapons, storylines, and more. Fans can also share their thoughts on the future of the franchise and any ideas they have for improvements or new content.

How can I participate in "Calling All Halo Fans: Share Your Favorites and Thoughts!"?

You can participate by commenting on the thread and sharing your thoughts and opinions. You can also engage with other fans by responding to their comments and discussions.

Is there a specific format or structure for sharing my thoughts and favorites?

No, there is no specific format or structure. You can share your thoughts and favorites in any way you feel comfortable, whether it's a list, paragraph, or even a video or image.

Are there any guidelines or rules for participating in "Calling All Halo Fans: Share Your Favorites and Thoughts!"?

Yes, we ask that all participants be respectful and refrain from using any offensive language or derogatory comments. We also recommend staying on topic and avoiding any spoilers for those who may not have played all the Halo games yet.