Calculating Explosion Force Needed to Send Cybertron from Earth in Transformers

• Thread starter ReptileBaird
  • Start date
In summary, a question was asked about a specific scene in the television show Transformers where the planet Cybertron was about to crash into Earth. The individual wanted to know how big of an explosion it would take to send Cybertron flying out of Earth's atmosphere and out of the solar system. They were interested in learning about the complex physics behind this scenario. However, it was determined that there were not many variables involved and it could be solved using Newtonian physics. The individual was advised to ask their question in a sci-fi forum.
ReptileBaird
Ya I got a question. Look see, I was wondeirng. There is this epsiode in Transformers where cybertron is about to crash into earth. Now, it probbaly has the mass of Earth and size of the moon. Let's just use those variables for this. It was visibly bigger then the moon when it was crashing into earth, so much that it looked like this: http://www.camphortree.net/tf/tf-images/shot2.jpg before it was blown away. Ok, so here's a image: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...mfemaTaDVNhUXc1PjQClQytA&ust=1467169531865229

I want to know how big of an explosion it would take to send it flying out of Earth's atmosphere and out of the solar system at a decent speed like in the episode? i don't know any physics. I want to know how you got the answer, that is a lot of what interest me. I know there are a lot of variables here that need to be guessed and complex physics. But the episode is countdown to extinction if yall are wondering.

Physics news on Phys.org
There aren't really a lot of variables. It's Newtonian physics, you have a mass moving at a vector and you want to change the vector. Determine the force required to make the change.

newjerseyrunner said:
There aren't really a lot of variables. It's Newtonian physics, you have a mass moving at a vector and you want to change the vector. Determine the force required to make the change.
but they are planets, which means relativity though right? they have references to eacxh toher. ok, maybe not. I don't know, I did not finish high school, I know I am dumb, but how would this be worked out??

Try the sci fi forum for such questions.

Chronos said:
Try the sci fi forum for such questions.

I've moved the thread to the sci-fi forum.

Drakkith said:
I've moved the thread to the sci-fi forum.
well i reposted it though, but ok

ReptileBaird said:
well i reposted it though, but ok

I've deleted the other thread. Just use this one.

Drakkith said:
I've deleted the other thread. Just use this one.
ok

Related to Calculating Explosion Force Needed to Send Cybertron from Earth in Transformers

1. How can the explosion force needed to send Cybertron from Earth be calculated?

The explosion force needed to send Cybertron from Earth can be calculated by determining the mass of Cybertron and the distance it needs to be propelled. This can then be used to calculate the kinetic energy required using the equation E = 1/2 * m * v^2. This energy can then be converted into equivalent explosive force using the formula F = E / d, where d is the distance over which the force is applied.

2. Is it possible to accurately calculate the explosion force needed for such a scenario?

Yes, it is possible to accurately calculate the explosion force needed for this scenario. However, it is important to note that the calculations will be based on theoretical assumptions and may not account for all variables that could affect the outcome.

3. What factors need to be considered when calculating the explosion force needed for this scenario?

When calculating the explosion force needed to send Cybertron from Earth, factors such as the mass of Cybertron, the distance it needs to be propelled, and the energy required for the explosion must be taken into account. Additionally, factors such as air resistance and the strength of the materials used to contain the explosion may also affect the calculations.

4. Can computer simulations be used to calculate the explosion force needed for this scenario?

Yes, computer simulations can be used to calculate the explosion force needed for this scenario. These simulations can take into account various variables and provide a more accurate estimation of the required explosion force.

5. Are there any potential risks or consequences associated with the explosion force needed to send Cybertron from Earth?

Yes, there are potential risks and consequences associated with the explosion force needed to send Cybertron from Earth. Some of these may include damage to surrounding structures and environments, potential harm to living beings, and the overall cost and feasibility of such a large-scale explosion. Proper safety measures and thorough calculations should be taken into consideration before attempting such a scenario.