Are there any high school physics contest questions available in book form?

In summary, there are a few books that could potentially provide questions for a high school physics contest, such as Flying Circus of Physics by Walker and Thinking Physics by Epstein. However, the questions and answers in these books are more focused on concepts and handwaving rather than calculations. Additionally, resources from the Physics Olympiad Screening Exams and International Physics Olympiad may be too advanced for the desired level. A possible source for sample questions is the problem set from Sin's Physics Challenge.
Werg22
Is there any book with questions that would typically appear on a physics contest? I'm talking about high school physics here.

Physics news on Phys.org
Are those hand waving questions or is there a good portion of calculations?

robphy, here is a sample of the kind of questions I'm looking for:

http://sin.uwaterloo.ca/pdfs/problemset.pdf"

the Olympiads might be to intensive for the level I'm looking for but I'll look into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Are there any high school physics contest questions available in book form?

1. What is a "Physics contest"?

A Physics contest is an event where individuals or teams compete against each other to solve physics-based problems and demonstrate their understanding of various concepts in the field of physics.

2. Who can participate in a Physics contest?

Anyone who has a passion for physics and a basic understanding of its principles can participate in a Physics contest. These contests are usually open to students, professionals, and enthusiasts of all ages.

3. What types of questions are typically asked in a Physics contest?

Physics contest questions can cover a wide range of topics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, optics, and more. They may involve theoretical problems, numerical calculations, or hands-on experiments.

4. What are the benefits of participating in a Physics contest?

Participating in a Physics contest can improve one's problem-solving skills, critical thinking abilities, and understanding of fundamental physics principles. It can also provide opportunities for networking, recognition, and potential career advancement.

5. How can I prepare for a Physics contest?

To prepare for a Physics contest, it is essential to have a strong foundation in the basic principles of physics and to practice solving a variety of problems. Additionally, studying past contest questions and familiarizing oneself with common problem-solving strategies can be beneficial.