Are the Twilight Books Really That Bad?

• Thread starter Sophia
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the book series Twilight and the experiences of different individuals with it. One person has just started reading the first book and finds the protagonist's tendency to fall and injure herself amusing. Another person has seen the movies and found them to be poorly made, but still enjoyable for light reading. A fun fact is mentioned about the book Fifty Shades of Grey starting out as Twilight fan fiction.
Sophia
Has any of you read Twilight?
I've just started the first book. So far it seems to me that poor Bella must suffer from a serious neurological condition which causes her to fall and injure herself all the time :-)
I can see that this series is definitely one of the worse ones, but I'm in mood for light and shallow reading now. And I've seen the movie in the cinema which made us with my friend laugh out loud so that our stomachs hurt. At least the writing style is not as bad as Hunger Games which caused me almost physical pain so I couldn't finish it.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have only seen the first 2 movies (not by choice a girl made me do it). All I can say is for most of the movie I wanted to claw my eyes out.
Not super surprising seeing the books/movies were not aimed at 20somthing men :)

Fun Fact: Apparently (or so I've been told) 50 Shades of Grey started out as Twilight fan fiction...

cpscdave said:
I have only seen the first 2 movies (not by choice a girl made me do it). All I can say is for most of the movie I wanted to claw my eyes out.
Not super surprising seeing the books/movies were not aimed at 20somthing men :)

Fun Fact: Apparently (or so I've been told) 50 Shades of Grey started out as Twilight fan fiction...
That about 50 shades is interesting, I didn't know that. But now that I think about it if makes sense

Related to Are the Twilight Books Really That Bad?

1. What is Twilight about?

Twilight is a young adult fantasy novel written by Stephenie Meyer. It follows the story of Bella Swan, a teenage girl who moves to a new town and falls in love with a vampire named Edward Cullen.

2. Is Twilight based on a true story?

No, Twilight is a work of fiction and is not based on a true story. However, the author has stated that certain elements of the story were inspired by her own personal experiences and dreams.

3. How many books are in the Twilight series?

There are four books in the Twilight series: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. There is also a companion novel, Midnight Sun, which tells the story from Edward's perspective.

4. What is the target audience for Twilight?

Twilight is primarily marketed towards young adults, but it has gained a large following among readers of all ages. It is considered a crossover novel, appealing to both teenagers and adults.

5. Is Twilight appropriate for all ages?

While Twilight is generally considered appropriate for teenagers, it does contain some mature themes and content. Parents should use their own discretion when deciding if the book is appropriate for their children.