Anyone else take the physics GRE today?

In summary, the physics GRE is a standardized test for measuring a student's knowledge of undergraduate level physics. It is offered three times a year in April, September, and October and covers topics such as classical mechanics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, and optics. The score is based on the number of correct answers and ranges from 200-990, with the average being around 700. To prepare for the exam, it is recommended to review coursework, practice with past exams, and familiarize oneself with the format and timing of the test.
creepypasta13
I thought it was a bit harder than 0177. time got called when i still had 8 problems left. I still answered 92 questions, but a lot were guesses

can't wait until i see my score. it'll be a long month.

Physics news on Phys.org
I took it too, answered 88. I thought the difficulty was just fair, not too hard, not too easy. A few of the questions I thought were very easy though, so I don't know if I just overlooked something. You know how they design the problems so people make silly mistakes. Let's wait and see.
Happy waiting :p

Related to Anyone else take the physics GRE today?

What is the physics GRE?

The physics GRE is a standardized test that measures a student's knowledge and understanding of physics at the undergraduate level. It is often required for admission to graduate programs in physics and related fields.

When is the physics GRE offered?

The physics GRE is offered three times a year in April, September, and October. Registration for the exam typically opens around 6 months before each test date.

What topics are covered on the physics GRE?

The physics GRE covers a wide range of topics including classical mechanics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, and optics. A detailed list of topics can be found on the official GRE website.

How is the physics GRE scored?

The physics GRE is scored on a scale of 200-990, with 200 being the lowest possible score and 990 being the highest. The average score is around 700. The score is based on the number of questions answered correctly and there is no penalty for incorrect answers.

What can I do to prepare for the physics GRE?

To prepare for the physics GRE, it is recommended to review undergraduate physics coursework, practice with past exams and sample questions, and familiarize yourself with the format and timing of the exam. There are also many study materials and resources available online and through test prep companies.