Anyone else read Ell Donsaii series

• Thread starter meBigGuy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Series
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of the term "scooby snack" to describe fast, lightweight reads that may not be scientifically accurate but provide an enjoyable escape from reality. The books contain simplistic relationships and impossible principles, which can be entertaining but should not be taken as factual. As scientists, it is important to think outside the box and push boundaries, but also to critically evaluate information. The conversation ends with the suggestion to continue reading and exploring new ideas.
meBigGuy
Gold Member
A friend of mine uses the words "scooby snack" to describe fast lightweight reads. This is a series of simple books, overly simplistic relationships and some interesting implications of the effects of the "impossible". I blasted through 12 of them, and will read more when they get written. I liked a lot of the ideas and the simple characters.

The author asks you to suspend disbelief and accept an impossible principle and then see where it can go.

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello there,

I find your friend's use of the term "scooby snack" to describe these fast, lightweight reads quite interesting. It suggests that these books may not necessarily be scientifically accurate or realistic, but rather provide a quick and enjoyable escape from reality.

I can see how the simplistic relationships and impossible principles in these books can make for an entertaining read. As scientists, we often have to suspend disbelief and accept certain concepts in order to explore their potential effects and implications. It's a vital part of the scientific process to think outside the box and push the boundaries of what is considered possible.

However, it is also important to keep in mind that while these scooby snacks may be enjoyable, they should not be taken as factual or scientifically accurate. As scientists, we have a responsibility to critically evaluate information and distinguish between what is based on evidence and what is simply fiction.

That being said, I am glad to hear that you have found some interesting ideas in these books. It is always exciting to see how creativity and imagination can lead to new and innovative concepts that may even have real-world applications.

Happy reading!

Related to Anyone else read Ell Donsaii series

What is the Ell Donsaii series about?

The Ell Donsaii series is a science fiction series written by Laurence E. Dahners. It follows the story of Ell Donsaii, a young woman with superhuman intelligence and abilities who uses her gifts to solve various problems and challenges.

How many books are in the Ell Donsaii series?

As of 2021, there are 21 books in the Ell Donsaii series. The first book, "Quicker," was published in 2011, and the latest book, "Smuggler," was published in 2021.

Is the Ell Donsaii series suitable for all ages?

While the series is generally appropriate for all ages, some books may contain mature themes and language. It is recommended for readers 13 and up.

Are the books in the Ell Donsaii series interconnected or standalone?

The books in the Ell Donsaii series are interconnected and follow a chronological order. It is recommended to read them in order to fully understand the story and character development.

Is there a planned ending for the Ell Donsaii series?

There is no confirmed planned ending for the series yet. The author has stated that he plans to continue writing as long as readers are interested in the story.