Antenna (RF/Microwave) Engineering Schools

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for suggestions on the best schools for antenna engineering and their career goals in the field. One person mentions Ohio State as a good option due to their professors and another person asks for other suggestions.
xxsteelxx
Hello Everyone,

I just want to get an idea about which schools offer the best programs for antenna engineering. I'm an electrical engineering undergrad wanting to get a masters in electrical engineering with an emphasis in antenna design and/or rf/microwave engineering (circuits and systems).

My ultimate career goal is become an antenna engineer.
Any suggestions about how I should go about this?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I do not know which is the best, but I do know that the best antenna engineers I happen to know went to Ohio State. They have a lot of professors working in your areas of interest.

I'm sure there are other good (and perhaps better) places. Hopefully others chime in.

jason

Thank you for your response jasonRF, I will look into Ohio State.

Any other suggestions?

Related to Antenna (RF/Microwave) Engineering Schools

1. What is the average duration of an Antenna Engineering program?

The average duration of an Antenna Engineering program is typically 2-3 years for a master's degree and 4-5 years for a doctoral degree. However, this can vary depending on the specific program and the student's course load.

2. What are the prerequisites for applying to an Antenna Engineering program?

The prerequisites for an Antenna Engineering program typically include a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related field, strong mathematical and analytical skills, and proficiency in programming languages like MATLAB or C++. Some programs may also require applicants to have a certain GPA and GRE scores.

3. Are there any specialized areas of study within Antenna Engineering?

Yes, there are several specialized areas within Antenna Engineering, such as microwave engineering, radio frequency (RF) engineering, antenna design and analysis, electromagnetics, and wireless communication systems. Students can choose to focus on one or more of these areas during their program.

4. What kind of career opportunities are available for graduates of Antenna Engineering programs?

Graduates of Antenna Engineering programs can pursue careers in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, satellite communications, aerospace, defense, and research and development. They can work as antenna engineers, RF engineers, microwave engineers, communication systems engineers, or researchers in universities or private companies.

5. Can I pursue an Antenna Engineering program online?

Yes, there are online Antenna Engineering programs available for students who cannot attend a traditional on-campus program. However, these programs may have limited availability and may require students to have access to certain equipment for hands-on learning. It is important to research and choose a reputable and accredited online program for an optimal learning experience.