Advice for a middle schooler interested in majoring in CS

• Other
  • Thread starter Syandan21
  • Start date
  • Tags
    advice
Syandan21
TL;DR Summary: I am interested in computer science and I want some advice for this amazing field.

I am good at math and logic, and I think programming is a learnable skill. I want to go into AI development/Machine learning, or cybersecurity. I am currently learning Python and by the end of the summer I will have learned a lot of python and some C++

All responses mean a lot! Thank you!

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
There are some Youtube tutorials that teach programming AI image recognition using Python. IMO, they are a very good way to start self-teaching the subject. Here is a series that uses the Jetson Nano, which is a single-board-computer with some special hardware for neural networks: Learning Artificial Intelligence on the Jetson Nano

Likes Syandan21 and CalcNerd
I see you are worrying about what to major in. Let me remind you that you will be twice as old as you are now when you graduate. Lots can change in that time - both in the world and in you.

The most important thing is that you do well where you are right now.

Likes Syandan21, PhDeezNutz, FactChecker and 1 other person
Vanadium 50 said:
I see you are worrying about what to major in. Let me remind you that you will be twice as old as you are now when you graduate. Lots can change in that time - both in the world and in you.

The most important thing is that you do well where you are right now.

👍