A Surprising Reunion: The Mystery Behind the Door

• Thread starter vikasj007
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mystery
In summary, the guy waiting to get through the door to the free meal is unhappy because he is 999th out of 1,000. The other guy enters the door and makes the guy happy, because he is the 1,000th person through the door.
vikasj007
A guy is sitting near the open door with an unhappy face.
After some time another guy enters that door.
First guy becomes happy and enters the door too.
Why??

Physics news on Phys.org
It is a a backery and the person is waiting to be the 1,000th person through the door tom get a free meal. He is currently 999th until the other person goes through.

Not right but hex that is life.

The Bob (2004 ©)

The only thing I know of that enters a door is a door key. You enter through a doorway.

He doesn't know whether it's the guys or girls toilet till he sees the other guy enter.

ceptimus said:
He doesn't know whether it's the guys or girls toilet till he sees the other guy enter.

ceptimus that is brilliant!
it explains his discomfiture while waiting
as shown by his pained expression
and his subsequent relief

marcus said:
ceptimus that is brilliant!
it explains his discomfiture while waiting
as shown by his pained expression
and his subsequent relief

Brilliant, I agree...but it doesn't seem complete. What does the other guy know that this guy doesn't ? How can he be sure the other guy didn't make the mistake that he may have made ? There is any reference to only one door...but perhaps there's only one restroom.

Nice, but if this is the solution, I'll have a bone to pick with vikas.

EDIT : Unless the "sex of the toilet" is indicated by a blue picture on a red door, and the distraught guy is color blind...or some such thing.

Last edited:
ceptimus said:

well, ceptimus is absolutely correct.
actually i came across it as a lateral puzzle (for those who don't know what it is, it is a puzzle where you can ask the person who ognally gave the question, any sort of question which can be answerd either as YES or NO).

i was expecting the same here, but i guess ceptimus was familiar with this problem, or he is great at making guessing.

I suppose the guy waiting in discomfort could be a foreigner, or illiterate, and there is a written name like "Gentlemen" or similar on the door, rather than a symbol.

Related to A Surprising Reunion: The Mystery Behind the Door

What is the premise of "A Surprising Reunion: The Mystery Behind the Door"?

"A Surprising Reunion: The Mystery Behind the Door" is a mystery novel that follows the story of a group of friends who reunite after many years at a secluded cabin. However, they soon discover that the cabin holds a dark secret and they must work together to uncover the truth.

Who wrote "A Surprising Reunion: The Mystery Behind the Door"?

The author of "A Surprising Reunion: The Mystery Behind the Door" is unknown. The book was found in a library with no author listed and has since gained popularity as a classic mystery novel.

What scientific concepts are explored in "A Surprising Reunion: The Mystery Behind the Door"?

While "A Surprising Reunion: The Mystery Behind the Door" is primarily a mystery novel, it does touch on some scientific concepts such as psychology, biology, and chemistry. These concepts are used to help solve the mystery and add depth to the story.

Are there any real-life events or inspirations behind "A Surprising Reunion: The Mystery Behind the Door"?

There is no evidence to suggest that "A Surprising Reunion: The Mystery Behind the Door" was inspired by real-life events or people. However, the themes of friendship, trust, and secrets are universal and can be found in many real-life situations.

What makes "A Surprising Reunion: The Mystery Behind the Door" a must-read for mystery lovers?

"A Surprising Reunion: The Mystery Behind the Door" is a must-read for mystery lovers because it keeps readers on the edge of their seats with its twists and turns. The characters are well-developed and the plot is cleverly crafted, making it a thrilling and satisfying read for any mystery enthusiast.