A fatal chemical Reaction for TV Series

In summary, the conversation discussed the need for a chemical or biological weapon that could cause mass casualties at a Japanese Naval Base. The proposed idea involved using nanotechnology that would become active and infect humans upon contact, but would become inactive after 10 minutes without contact with human or animal flesh. The use of pressure change from inside the sub to outside was also mentioned as a possible trigger for the weapon. However, there were concerns about the feasibility of this scenario and the need for something artificial to replicate and continue infecting others.
taxi.adam
I am currently in the process of re-writing an episode for a Science Fiction television series. I have two problems. A scene at a Japanese Naval Base where I need to inflict mass casualty thru a chemical reaction that will affect only the area of the naval base itself, and wipe out all the soldiers.

Right now I have a Sub marine just surfaced and docked. A medical officer gets off the sub, everyone on the sub is infected with a chemical that will react and begin its incubation stage with the change in pressure from inside the sub to outside. The incubation period to full onset of symptoms is 10 minutes, however each crew member can infect anyone they come in contact with, touch, breath too closely too. After 10 minutes the Soldiers begin to burn from the inside out, flesh, fat, tissue melt. This Chemical Reaction infects every solder on the naval base on every ship in port. But has a half life that prevents it from infecting anyone that’s not in close proximity to the base.
Is this possible? How can I best explain this? Any alternate ideas of a chemical or biological weapon that will affect only humans in a certain area and become innate in a short period after infection.

Physics news on Phys.org
Some sort of nanotechnology, that if not in contact with human or animal flesh for say 10 minutes becomes inactive.

Yeah, the nanotech sounds like a good idea for what the OP wants it to do—doing too much yet arbitrarily limited requires something that can be programmed

with the change in pressure from inside the sub to outside
Why do you expect a pressure difference?

however each crew member can infect anyone they come in contact with, touch, breath too closely too.
You need something replicating for that (like bacteria, virus or maybe some futuristic artificial life/nanotech), I don't see how this could work with chemicals.
Everything natural with those properties would die out within hours, so it has to be artificial.

Related to A fatal chemical Reaction for TV Series

1. What is the premise of the TV series "A Fatal Chemical Reaction"?

The TV series follows a team of scientists as they investigate a series of mysterious deaths caused by a fatal chemical reaction.

2. Who are the main characters in "A Fatal Chemical Reaction"?

The main characters include a brilliant chemist, a determined detective, a skeptical journalist, and a powerful CEO of a chemical company.

3. Is "A Fatal Chemical Reaction" based on a true story?

The series is fictional, but it is inspired by real-life cases of chemical accidents and the potential dangers of unregulated industries.

4. How accurate is the science in "A Fatal Chemical Reaction"?

The show has a team of science consultants to ensure that the chemistry and scientific processes portrayed are accurate. However, some dramatic liberties may have been taken for entertainment purposes.

5. Will there be a second season of "A Fatal Chemical Reaction"?

As of now, there is no confirmation of a second season. It will depend on the viewership and reception of the first season.