A fast image recognition algorithm for box?

In summary, to find the four corners of a box in a black and white image with noise, it is recommended to first use a 2D low pass filter to reduce the noise. This can be achieved by convolving the image with a Gaussian matrix or taking the Fourier transform and multiplying it with the Fourier transform of the Gaussian matrix. The dimensions of the Gaussian matrix can determine the level of spatial frequency to be filtered. If available, a built-in Gaussian filter can also be used. Additionally, taking the gradient of the filtered image in both the x and y-axis can help identify the pixels where the box appears.
nhmllr
If you have an image (just black and white) with a box SOMEWHERE in the image, but there's also some noise in the image, is there a good way to find four corners?

I'm sure someone has herd of an algorithm for this, it would just be good if I had a direction to go in.

Technology news on Phys.org
nhmllr said:
If you have an image (just black and white) with a box SOMEWHERE in the image, but there's also some noise in the image, is there a good way to find four corners?

I'm sure someone has herd of an algorithm for this, it would just be good if I had a direction to go in.

I would advise to use a 2D low pass filter first to get rid of the noise as much as possible. In other means convolve the image with a gaussian matrix. Or in other saying take fft of the image and multiply with the fft of the gaussian matrix. And then take the inverse of the solution. Dimensions of the gaussian matrix will determine the cut of spatial frequency:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaussian_blur#Sample_Gaussian_matrix

There should be a builtin gaussian filter in the environment you are working. Other than that if I were you I would take a gradient of the filtered image both x and y-axis to see in which pixels the box started to appear.

Last edited:

Related to A fast image recognition algorithm for box?

1. What is a fast image recognition algorithm for box?

A fast image recognition algorithm for box is a computer program that can quickly and accurately identify and classify boxes in images. It can be used for various applications such as inventory management, object detection, and quality control.

2. How does a fast image recognition algorithm for box work?

A fast image recognition algorithm for box uses advanced machine learning techniques to analyze and process image data. It first learns the features and characteristics of boxes through training data, and then uses this knowledge to identify and classify boxes in new images.

3. What are the benefits of using a fast image recognition algorithm for box?

Using a fast image recognition algorithm for box can save time and reduce errors in tasks that involve identifying and sorting boxes. It can also improve efficiency and accuracy in industries such as logistics, retail, and manufacturing.

4. How accurate is a fast image recognition algorithm for box?

The accuracy of a fast image recognition algorithm for box depends on various factors such as the quality of the training data, the complexity of the images, and the performance of the algorithm. However, with proper training and optimization, it can achieve high levels of accuracy.

5. Can a fast image recognition algorithm for box be used for other objects besides boxes?

Yes, a fast image recognition algorithm for box can be trained to identify and classify other objects as well. However, the training process and the algorithm may need to be adjusted accordingly to achieve optimal performance for different types of objects.