Zipgenius compression program, command line options

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of Zipgenius, a free program with excellent reviews, for zipping and unzipping text files. However, the lack of documentation and dead links on the official website make it difficult to use. The equivalent syntax for PKware's product is provided, but the user is experiencing cryptic error messages when trying to use Zipgenius. They have also tried using the command line arguments, but without success. Ultimately, the user decides to switch to 7-zip, which is fully compatible with the 20-year-old PKware product and meets their needs.
mikelepore
I'm trying Zipgenius because it has excellent reviews from many sources, and it is free.
The problem is, I can't find any documentation at all. In the program and on the official web site, the FAQ and Help links go to dead web addresses.
In particular, I would like to know the syntax to zip and unzip a group of text files, with and without a password, from the Windows 10 command prompt.
If it was the PKware brand product, the equivalent syntax would be:
pkzip FILENAME.zip *.txt
pkzip -sPASSWORD FILENAME.zip *.txt
pkunzip FILENAME.zip
pkunzip -sPASSWORD FILENAME.zip
In Zipgenius I know the syntax is zg(.exe) something, but no matter what I type after that I get only
cryptic error messages such as
Exception EStringList Error in module zg.exe at 0005377D, List index out of bounds (0)
Thank you to anyone who can help me.
ZipGenius version 6.3.2.3115

Computer science news on Phys.org
Yes, I tried the arguments ? and /?, which do not result in any output at all. However, I am going to withdraw my request for help now, because I found out today that 7-zip (freeware) does what I need. The newest 7-zip for windows 10 on a 64 bit machine is fully compatable with the 20-year-old pkzip and pkunzip for 16 bit machines, reading and updating each other's archives with no difficulty. Thank you.

1. What is Zipgenius compression program?

Zipgenius is a file compression program that allows users to compress and archive files, reducing their size for easier storage and transfer.

2. How does Zipgenius compression work?

Zipgenius uses a compression algorithm to identify repetitive patterns in a file and replaces them with smaller symbols, resulting in a smaller file size. It also creates an index of the compressed file, making it possible to retrieve the original file when needed.

3. What are command line options in Zipgenius?

Command line options in Zipgenius refer to the various commands and parameters that can be used in the program's command line interface to perform specific actions, such as compressing or extracting files, setting compression levels, and creating password-protected archives.

4. How can I use Zipgenius through command line?

To use Zipgenius through command line, you will need to open the command prompt or terminal and enter the path to the Zipgenius executable file, followed by the desired command and any necessary parameters. Refer to the program's documentation for a list of available commands and their usage.

5. Can I automate tasks with Zipgenius through command line?

Yes, Zipgenius allows for automation of tasks through command line options. This can be useful for regularly recurring tasks or for batch processing of files. By creating a script or batch file with the desired commands and parameters, users can automate the compression and extraction of files using Zipgenius.