Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Z = X/Y independant continuous random variables

Barioth

Jan 17, 2013
Hi,

Let's say I'm given X and Y identical independant continuous random variables.

We pose Z =X/Y, I remember there is a way to find the density function of Z, altough I can't get to remember how to do it and my probability book is out of town.(And I'm not so sure what to look for in google)

If someone could redirect me to some lecture about this kind of problem I would be very happy!

Thanks for passing by

chisigma

Feb 13, 2012
Hi,

We pose Z =X/Y, I remember there is a way to find the density function of Z, altough I can't get to remember how to do it and my probability book is out of town.(And I'm not so sure what to look for in google)

If someone could redirect me to some lecture about this kind of problem I would be very happy!

Thanks for passing by
http://www.mathhelpboards.com/f52/unsolved-statistics-questions-other-sites-932/index4.html#post5581

Kind regards

$\chi$ $\sigma$

zzephod

Feb 3, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for passing by
Ratio distribution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia