Young's modulus value of Ferrous Tungsten

In summary, to obtain the Young's modulus value of Ferrous Tungsten, it is not possible to simply combine the Young's modulus values of Ferrous and Tungsten separately. You will need to measure it or consult a reference book on material properties. Additionally, it is important to note that "Ferrous" is not a specific material and may refer to various types of iron-based alloys. It is recommended to seek assistance from the engineering department or companies specialized in working with Ferrous Tungsten. As for obtaining the stress value of a thin film of FeW, the same advice applies. Combining elements Young's modulus may be available on a website, but it is not guaranteed to include FeW. It is best
anithangaraj
How can I get Young's modulus value of Ferrous Tungsten? Is it possible to get it from Young's modulus value of Ferrous and Young's modulus value of Tungsten?

Physics news on Phys.org
Short answer = no.

I understand there are different kinds of ferrous tungsten anyway.

You have to measure it or find someone who has.

Your college library will have a reference book on material properties that may help.
Try the engineering department, or companies who make stuff from it.

anithangaraj said:
How can I get Young's modulus value of Ferrous Tungsten? Is it possible to get it from Young's modulus value of Ferrous and Young's modulus value of Tungsten?
As a detail, "Ferrous" is not a material so it does not make sense to talk about its Young's modulus or any other property.

This question has been posted in the HW forums.

Actually I want to measure the stress value of FeW thin film. How can i get it?

Somebody says that Combining elements Young's modulus is available in the website. But I can't get it for FeW.

anithangaraj said:
Actually I want to measure the stress value of FeW thin film. How can i get it?
Same answer as before.

anithangaraj said:
Somebody says that Combining elements Young's modulus is available in the website. But I can't get it for FeW.

Well, you need to talk to 'somebody' or 'them' about this 'website'.

Related to Young's modulus value of Ferrous Tungsten

1. What is Young's modulus value of Ferrous Tungsten?

The Young's modulus value of Ferrous Tungsten is approximately 410 GPa (59,500 psi).

2. How does the Young's modulus value of Ferrous Tungsten compare to other materials?

Ferrous Tungsten has a very high Young's modulus value, making it one of the strongest and stiffest materials available. It is comparable to other high-strength materials such as titanium and steel.

3. What factors affect the Young's modulus value of Ferrous Tungsten?

The Young's modulus value of Ferrous Tungsten is primarily affected by its chemical composition and microstructure. The amount of tungsten and other alloying elements, as well as the grain size and orientation, can impact its modulus value.

4. Why is the Young's modulus value of Ferrous Tungsten important?

The Young's modulus value of a material is an important measure of its stiffness and resistance to deformation. In the case of Ferrous Tungsten, its high modulus value makes it useful for applications that require strength and rigidity, such as in aerospace and defense industries.

5. Can the Young's modulus value of Ferrous Tungsten be changed?

Yes, the Young's modulus value of Ferrous Tungsten can be altered through various heat treatment processes and alloying techniques. However, these changes may also affect other properties of the material such as its strength and ductility.