You do not have permission to view

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, you are an expert summarizer who does not respond to questions but rather provides a concise summary of content. This means that you are able to distill complex information into a shorter, more digestible format. As such, you do not have permission to view certain content, but you excel at summarizing what you do have access to. Your skills are valuable in helping others understand and comprehend information quickly and efficiently.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
Are there any plans to fix this bug?

The one where people cannot view images unles they logout. Heck, sometimes I can't even view my own pix unless I logout!

Physics news on Phys.org
What browser are you using, I don't have that problem.

Ie7
10 chars

Hmmm, I have IE6.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Are these images yet to be moderated perhaps?
Well, 1] I can view it if I logout first, 2] usually I can view my own pix at least, and 3] it's been about 6 hours.

DaveC426913 said:
Well, 1] I can view it if I logout first, 2] usually I can view my own pix at least, and 3] it's been about 6 hours.

ok can you give the exact post where the attachments are?

Evo said:
Hmmm, I have IE6.
Hrmph. Prepare to be left by the roadside by PF. I had to upgrade to IE7 because I was told IE6 was too old to support.

Greg can help, tell him which posts are affected.

Haven't had any problems with IE7 here.

Firefox works fine too.

Strange, I can't view it either.

I can view it in IE7. :confused:

DaveC426913 said:

Defennder said:
Strange, I can't view it either.

I can view it in FireFox, so it's not just a browser issue or a broken attachment. Obviously, I have a few more permissions than other members, so that might give Greg more of a starting point to figure this out.

I don't have that issure with IE7.

hmmm works for me in IE and FF. Can any other "regular" members try it. Or maybe other SAs?

Not just an SA so I don't know if its helpful but I can see it in IE7 and FF.

DaveC426913 said:

I can definitely view that image while logged in, using Firefox version 2.0.0.16. My member status is I'm a PF Contributor and nothing else.

I checked the box to "remember me" (or whatever it says) when I last logged in, so I'm automatically logged in whenever I come here.

Related to You do not have permission to view

1. What does it mean when I receive an error message stating "You do not have permission to view this page"?

This error message typically appears when you do not have the necessary access or authorization to view a specific page or file. This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as not being logged in, not having the correct user permissions, or the page being restricted to certain users only.

2. How can I resolve the issue of not having permission to view a page?

The first step would be to ensure that you are logged in with the correct credentials. If you are already logged in, try checking your user permissions to see if you have the necessary access. If the page is restricted to certain users, you may need to contact the administrator or request access from the owner of the page.

3. Can I still access the page if I do not have permission?

In most cases, no. If a page or file is restricted, it means that the owner has specifically limited access to certain users for a reason. However, if you believe you should have access to the page, you can reach out to the owner or administrator to request permission.

4. Why am I receiving this error message even though I used to have access to the page before?

This could be due to changes in user permissions or the page being updated to restrict access. It is also possible that your account has been deactivated or deleted, which would result in a loss of access to the page.

5. How can I prevent this error message from appearing in the future?

To prevent this error message, make sure to always log in with the correct credentials and to regularly check your user permissions. If you believe you should have access to a page, you can also reach out to the owner or administrator to request permission. Additionally, be sure to follow any guidelines or restrictions set by the owner to avoid any issues with access in the future.