What Happened to Bobby Fisher?

• Thread starter Zantra
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chess
In summary, the conversation is about the mention of Bobby Fisher and the reactions of the participants to it. One person mentions an article about Fischer, showing that the news is old. Another person jokes about dating themselves by not knowing about Fischer. They also mention that he is not remembered positively. Someone else shares that they only know about Fischer from a movie. The original person clarifies their comment, saying that they were guessing the other person's age. The other person jokingly denies being old enough to remember Fischer from the news. Finally, there is a playful back-and-forth about age.
Physics news on Phys.org
Boy are you dating yourself with that one!

Just another life ruined by that evil game of chess.

dating myself as in, it's so old news, or as in no one really cares about him anymore?;) To show you how much of a chess buff I am, I never heard his name before the movie bye the same title. heheh

Originally posted by Zantra
dating myself as in, it's so old news, or as in no one really cares about him anymore?;) To show you how much of a chess buff I am, I never heard his name before the movie bye the same title. heheh

Oh yes. I forgot about the movie. I was not commenting on the subject as a matter of interest, rather I was guessing that you are as old as I am; or even better, older!

Not old enough to know the name from the news, if that's what you were hoping;) I'm only 28... hehe

Originally posted by Zantra
Not old enough to know the name from the news, if that's what you were hoping;) I'm only 28... hehe

I'm two years younger than that...in hexadecimal. Darn!

Whoops did I say younger? I meant older. Darn!

Last edited:

1. What is chess?

Chess is a two-player strategy board game that originated in India around the 6th century. The objective of the game is to checkmate your opponent's king by placing it under attack and unable to escape.

2. How do you play chess?

Chess is played on a board with 64 squares, alternating between light and dark colors. Each player has 16 pieces: one king, one queen, two rooks, two knights, two bishops, and eight pawns. Players take turns moving their pieces according to their unique abilities and trying to capture their opponent's pieces.

3. What are the benefits of playing chess?

Chess has been shown to improve critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and concentration. It can also help improve memory, increase creativity, and reduce stress and anxiety.

4. How do you improve at chess?

The best way to improve at chess is to practice regularly and study different strategies and tactics. It can also be helpful to play against more experienced players and analyze your games to identify areas for improvement.

5. Are there different variations of chess?

Yes, there are many different variations of chess, including speed chess, blitz chess, and chess960. There are also regional variations, such as Chinese chess and Japanese chess. These variations have different rules and gameplay but still follow the basic principles of the original game.