WxDev C++ and Console outputting

• C/C++
  • Thread starter cpscdave
  • Start date
  • Tags
    C++
In summary, the speaker ran into a problem with their Python implementation and has decided to rewrite it in wxC++ instead of wxPython. They are having trouble outputting to a console in their new IDE and are seeking help from others. They are also considering using a separate file to monitor their output as a workaround.
cpscdave
So I ran into a problem with my Python implementation and have decided to rewrite my program in wxC++ instead of wxPython.

Starting to make some progress (I keep forgetting to put ;'s at the end of lines DAMN YOU PYTHON!)

ANyone know how I can output to a console? I was using LiClipse for the python dev and any prints went to the console in the IDE.

I'm now using DEV C++ but if I do printf's or cout's I don't see the outputs.
Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks!

Technology news on Phys.org
Why are you combining wxWidgets and a console? The way to show the console is somewhere in the project file, but usually the point of the wxWIdget is to see only your main window. Can you simply log your output somewhere?

newjerseyrunner said:
Why are you combining wxWidgets and a console?

I used the console to output debugging information. Its nice to be able to output information in an easy format when building stuff.

@256bits Thanks I'll look into that. What I've done as a quick workaround is built a little object that writes to a file, which I just monitor using tail

Related to WxDev C++ and Console outputting

1. What is WxDev C++?

WxDev C++ is an open-source, cross-platform integrated development environment (IDE) for the C++ programming language. It provides a user-friendly interface for creating, editing, compiling, and debugging C++ code.

2. How do I output text to the console in WxDev C++?

To output text to the console in WxDev C++, you can use the standard C++ cout function from the iostream library. Simply include the iostream header in your code and use cout to output your desired text.

3. Can I customize the console output in WxDev C++?

Yes, you can customize the console output in WxDev C++ by using special formatting options. For example, you can use the setw() function to set the width of output, or setprecision() to control the number of decimal places displayed.

4. How can I debug my code in WxDev C++?

WxDev C++ has a built-in debugger that allows you to step through your code and track variables and values. To use the debugger, set breakpoints in your code and then run your program in debug mode. The debugger will pause at each breakpoint, allowing you to analyze your code.

5. Is WxDev C++ compatible with other compilers and libraries?

Yes, WxDev C++ is compatible with various compilers and libraries, including GNU GCC, MinGW, and Microsoft Visual C++. It also supports integration with popular libraries such as wxWidgets and Boost, making it a versatile choice for C++ development.