What kind of music do you like?

• Music
  • Thread starter maximus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In Summary, I like whatever genre of music falls under the category "Rock." I especially enjoy classic rock, like the Beatles, Stones, Cream, Hendrix, and Led Zeppelin. I don't really enjoy music from the mid-1970s to present day.
maximus
what kind of music do you like?

Science news on Phys.org
I like whatever category this falls into,

Rolling Stones,
Guns N'Roses,
Aerosmith,

I could listen to those 3 all day long, and here are some that i like just not as much,

Bon Jovi,
Metallica,
Nirvana,
David Bowie,
Izzy stradlin.
Meat loaf.

Rock: from Evanescence (which, I think, is considered "Alternative Rock") to Disturbed. I like Creed, Metallica, GodSmack (just some of their songs), Nickelback, Default, 3 doors down, etc...

Classical (particularly piano): Chopin (he's my new favorite), Schumman (previous favorite), Vivaldi, Beethoven, Shubert, Bach, Handel, Mendelson, Debussy, etc...

i personally can't think of a form of music i don't like at least one song in. my least favorites would probably be country/western or opera, but i too love the classics and some of the newer stuff. (some barely qualifies as music to me.)

NIN is great...PJ harvey, depeche mode, david bowie, lou reed, things like that. This list could go on for a long time, so I'll stop here.

In the classical, I *LOVE* beethoven.

Originally posted by qwpoi
NIN is great...PJ harvey, depeche mode, david bowie, lou reed, things like that. This list could go on for a long time, so I'll stop here.

In the classical, I *LOVE* beethoven.

Awesome. Any particular piece?

Yep, I'm one of those classical music people too.
Dvorak for me, with some Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev, Grieg, Rachmaninov, Einaudi, Vivaldi and some other names I don't remember/can't spell.

Don't really like Beethoven/Mozart too much. Just me, probably.

To me, the 1960's is "The Decade" for music, both in rock (Beatles, Stones, Cream, Hendrix,...) and soul (James Brown, Temptations, Sly and the Family Stone, Aretha,...). The good vibes continued into the early 70's with Zeppelin, and whoever from the above list survived the 60's, but things quickly got lame and never quite recovered IMO. I like very few bands from the mid-70's on.

Originally posted by Mentat
Awesome. Any particular piece?

The 2nd movement of the 9th symphony is my absolute favorite. He's got this amazing intensity and vision.

Originally posted by FZ+
Dvorak for me, with some Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev, Grieg, Rachmaninov, Einaudi, Vivaldi and some other names I don't remember/can't spell.

Yeah, I really like Rachmaninov, too - especially "Bells of Moscow".

Originally posted by FZ+

Dvoràk is one of my personal favorites too! i love the symphyomies in "from the new world". very similar style to another one of my favorites John Williams (a more modern composer). most of the other ones you named i also like, but i think Mozart and Beethover are great. (some of their stuff is a bit overplayed though)

1. What genre of music do you prefer?

I have a wide range of musical tastes and enjoy various genres, including classical, rock, pop, and electronic music.

2. Do you have a favorite artist or band?

As a scientist, I am constantly exposed to new and different music. However, some of my favorite artists include Beethoven, Led Zeppelin, Adele, and Daft Punk.

3. How does music influence your work as a scientist?

Music can have a profound impact on my mood and creativity, which can ultimately affect my work. I often listen to instrumental music while conducting experiments or analyzing data, as it helps me focus and think more clearly.

4. Do you think listening to music has any benefits for the brain?

Yes, there have been numerous studies showing that listening to music can have positive effects on the brain. It can improve cognitive function, memory, and even mood.

5. What do you think about the influence of technology on music?

Technology has greatly expanded the ways in which we can create, record, and listen to music. It has also made it easier for artists to reach audiences and for listeners to discover new music. However, it's important for us to also appreciate and preserve traditional forms of music.