Is Yasser Arafat Dead? Unconfirmed Reports

• News
  • Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
In summary: Or something. Thanks for your input, Dan. If anyone else has anything to add, please do so. I'd like to put this to rest, but I won't be able to do that untill I know I either heard it wrong, or someone else heard the same broadcast, too. And remembers it. In summary, a French-language Israeli newssite reported that Palestinian Authority leader Yasser Arafat may have died of a heart attack. This was later confirmed to be just a rumor, as his heart attack itself was also rumored. A report on Nightline suggested that he may have contracted stomach cancer from an undercover agent in a handshake, but this has been deemed impossible by medical professionals.
Tsu
Gold Member
Unconfirmed report

A French-language Israeli newssite is reporting Yasser Arafat, leader of the Palestinian Authority, may have died of a heart attack.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35003

edit: I saw something about this tonight on Ted Koppel (Nightline). He was saying something like Arafat had stomach cancer that was passed to him by an undercover agent (I'm not sure from where) in a handshake? Did anyone else see Nightline and can you confirm what I thought I heard? I had just started to 'share Zantra's pain' (see Gen. Discussion) and was just a little distracted.:wink:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think this is just a rumor, as a result of the secrecy during the period that he was being attended to by his physician immediately after his heart attack.
I

Originally posted by kat
I think this is just a rumor, as a result of the secrecy during the period that he was being attended to by his physician immediately after his heart attack.
I
Since it was an unconfirmed report, I pretty much figuered it was a rumor. As I was doing some checking, tho, I discovered that even his heart attack was supposedly just a rumor, too. Of course maybe THAT report was ALSO a rumor! :wink: I was really just questioning my own ears! About the undercover agent passing something in his handshake to cause Arafat to contract stomach cancer. As a healthcare worker, I'm unaware that this kind of thing is even possible, but with today's technology I guess something like that MIGHT be possible... I'll have to check later on the Nightline website and watch the video of last night's program. It was fairly early in the broadcast. I wonder if they'll offer that portion of the program to re-view.

Originally posted by Tsunami
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35003[/url]

edit: I saw something about this tonight on Ted Koppel (Nightline). He was saying something like Arafat had stomach cancer that was passed to him by an undercover agent (I'm not sure from where) in a handshake?

...wtf?

Last edited:

Originally posted by Dissident Dan
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35003[/url]

edit: I saw something about this tonight on Ted Koppel (Nightline). He was saying something like Arafat had stomach cancer that was passed to him by an undercover agent (I'm not sure from where) in a handshake?
...wtf?
That's what I said! Which is why I decided to post this. Surly I'm not the only one who watches Nightline. I was hoping someone else heard this, too. If not, I'm getting my hearing checked! I've emailed Nightline questioning this. I had to have heard this wrong, right? But I could swear I didn't! Maybe I shared too much of Zantra' pain!

Nothing from WorldNetDaily can be trusted, by definition.

*edit*

Well, let's just say it should be taken with a grain of salt...there are actually a few 'real' conservatives mixed in with the nutjobs on that site.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's what I said! Which is why I decided to post this. Surly I'm not the only one who watches Nightline. I was hoping someone else heard this, too. If not, I'm getting my hearing checked! I've emailed Nightline questioning this. I had to have heard this wrong, right? But I could swear I didn't! Maybe I shared too much of Zantra' pain!

It is impossible to get cancer through a hand shake. Cancer is not pathogenic. It is out-of-control replication of mutated cells. This is often, if not always, caused by damage to DNA. Normally, your body will dispose of a few messed-up cells, but if there are too many, you get cancer. Once again, cancer is not pathogenic--it's not a microbial infection. You cannot get it through a handshake.

Originally posted by Dissident Dan
It is impossible to get cancer through a hand shake. Cancer is not pathogenic. It is out-of-control replication of mutated cells. This is often, if not always, caused by damage to DNA. Normally, your body will dispose of a few messed-up cells, but if there are too many, you get cancer. Once again, cancer is not pathogenic--it's not a microbial infection. You cannot get it through a handshake.
And that's exactly what I said, too! (Well, OK. Maybe not word for word... ) Which is why I was so stunned by the report. I just HAD to have heard it wrong, but I'm quite sure I DIDN'T! I was hoping someone else here saw Nightline that night and could confirm what I heard or tell me I'm loosing it! (Don't tell me I'm loosing it unless you, too, saw Nightline and can clear this up for me. ) It's just bugging the sh*t out of me.

Hopefully we'll see a real report of this kind soon. :smile:

Well, it's been 10 days and no further reports of this most unusual occurance. I can only conclude that my mind's ear must have been having auditory hallucinations.

1. Is there any evidence to suggest that Yasser Arafat is dead?

Yes, there have been numerous reports and rumors circulating since his death in 2004 that suggest he may have been poisoned. However, there is no conclusive evidence to support this claim.

2. Why is there still doubt about Yasser Arafat's death?

There are several factors that contribute to the doubt surrounding Yasser Arafat's death. These include conflicting reports from his medical team, lack of access to his medical records, and the absence of an official cause of death.

3. What were the reported symptoms of Yasser Arafat's illness?

The reported symptoms of Yasser Arafat's illness included severe weight loss, nausea, and abdominal pain. He was also said to have suffered from a blood disorder.

4. Has any investigation been conducted into Yasser Arafat's death?

Yes, multiple investigations have been conducted by various organizations and governments, including the Palestinian Authority, French authorities, and Russian experts. However, no conclusive evidence has been found to determine the cause of his death.

5. What is the current status of the investigation into Yasser Arafat's death?

The investigation into Yasser Arafat's death is currently ongoing, with new evidence and theories emerging periodically. However, without access to his medical records and the absence of his body for further testing, it is unlikely that the cause of his death will ever be definitively determined.

Back