Working with International Teams: Resume Bullet Advice

In summary, the conversation discusses whether it is worth mentioning working with designers in two different locations while doing a co-op with a major tech company. It is also mentioned that the experience may be beneficial for showcasing the ability to work with international teams on a resume. The conversation ends with a request for advice on how to phrase this experience on a resume.
A2Core
I'm doing a co-op with a major tech company right now and I need help with one bullet point I was thinking about.

Is it worth to mention that I worked with designers on a daily basis in two different locations: one within the US and another one elsewhere in the world?

I already have a job lined up with another company, and the company I'll be going to focuses on leadership development, so could this potentially help me? I was thinking about putting this as to show them I've interfaced with international teams and able to work with teams that are not physically near me. Does this matter? For those who are current engineers, would you care to see this on a resume? I don't know what you guys think when reading a resume, so I'm asking for advice... Thx :)

Physics news on Phys.org
A2Core said:
I'm doing a co-op with a major tech company right now and I need help with one bullet point I was thinking about.

Is it worth to mention that I worked with designers on a daily basis in two different locations: one within the US and another one elsewhere in the world?

I already have a job lined up with another company, and the company I'll be going to focuses on leadership development, so could this potentially help me? I was thinking about putting this as to show them I've interfaced with international teams and able to work with teams that are not physically near me. Does this matter? For those who are current engineers, would you care to see this on a resume? I don't know what you guys think when reading a resume, so I'm asking for advice... Thx :)

I personally think it would benefit you by showing that you can work on a global basis.

CS

This is an interesting question, A2Core. I also think, along with stewartcs, that it is probably good to put that on your resume. However, how would you say something like that? Got any ideas stewartcs?

Related to Working with International Teams: Resume Bullet Advice

What are the benefits of including international team experience on my resume?

Including international team experience on your resume can demonstrate your ability to work in diverse environments, adapt to different cultures, and communicate effectively with people from different backgrounds. It also shows that you have experience collaborating with team members from different time zones, which can be valuable in today's globalized business world.

How should I format my resume bullets when describing my international team experience?

When describing your international team experience, it is important to use clear and concise language, highlight specific accomplishments and achievements, and focus on the skills and qualities you demonstrated in your role. Use bullet points to organize your information and start each bullet with a strong action verb.

What are some examples of action verbs I can use in my resume bullets for international team experience?

Some examples of action verbs you can use in your resume bullets for international team experience include: collaborated, coordinated, facilitated, managed, negotiated, communicated, adapted, problem-solved, and innovated. These verbs demonstrate your ability to work in a team, communicate effectively, and overcome challenges.

How can I tailor my international team experience to the specific job I am applying for?

To tailor your international team experience to the specific job you are applying for, research the company and the job description to identify the key skills and qualities they are looking for. Then, choose the most relevant and impressive aspects of your international team experience to include in your resume bullets, and use specific examples to demonstrate how you have successfully used these skills in the past.

Are there any common mistakes I should avoid when writing resume bullets for international team experience?

Some common mistakes to avoid when writing resume bullets for international team experience include using vague or generic language, failing to highlight your specific contributions and accomplishments, and including irrelevant or outdated information. It is also important to proofread your bullets for spelling and grammar errors and to ensure they are well-organized and easy to read.