Work on sliding bag on aircraft

In summary, a flight attendant exerts a force of 32.0 N at an angle of 52.0° above the horizontal to pull her 70.0 N flight bag a distance of 258 m along a level airport floor at a constant speed. The work done by the flight attendant is 1345.65 J, while the work done by friction is negative and equal to the change in kinetic energy of the bag.
hshphyss
Can anyone help me with this problem?

A flight attendant pulls her 70.0 N flight bag a distance of 258 m along a level airport floor at a constant speed. The force she exerts is 32.0 N at an angle of 52.0° above the horizontal. Find the work she does on the flight bag and the work done by the force of friction of the flight bag.

I was able to make a free body diagram and see that the weight of the flight bag is 70 Newtons, the displacement is 258 m. But when I solved for W, which is force x displacement x cosine 52 degrees I got the wrong answer.
(70 x 258 x cos52).

Physics news on Phys.org
your answer looks right to me, why do you say that it is wrong.

1345.65J

Isn't the calculation 32*cos52*258? Since the speed was constant, friction did the same amount of work.

Because the assignment is online, I'm able to put it into see if I get it right or not.

The 70 N weight has nothing to do withthe flight attendant's Work;
most of it is canceled by the Surface compression Force by the Floor (F_N).
vertigo is right, there.
But Friction did a NEGATIVE amount of Work
(total external Work done on the bag = change of its KE = 0).

Related to Work on sliding bag on aircraft

What is a sliding bag on an aircraft?

A sliding bag on an aircraft is a specialized piece of equipment that is used to safely load and unload cargo from an aircraft. It is a large bag made of durable material that can be easily slid in and out of the cargo hold of the aircraft.

Why is work done on sliding bags important?

Work on sliding bags is important because it ensures the safe and efficient loading and unloading of cargo from an aircraft. This helps to maintain the overall safety and functionality of the aircraft, and also ensures that the cargo is handled properly to prevent damage.

What type of maintenance is required for sliding bags?

Sliding bags require regular maintenance to ensure they are in proper working condition. This includes inspecting for any tears or damage, cleaning and disinfecting the bag, and checking the functionality of the bag's sliding mechanism.

How are sliding bags loaded onto an aircraft?

Sliding bags are usually loaded onto an aircraft using specialized ground handling equipment, such as a cargo loader or a conveyor belt. The bags are carefully maneuvered into the cargo hold and secured in place before takeoff.

What is the weight capacity of a sliding bag on an aircraft?

The weight capacity of a sliding bag can vary depending on the type of aircraft and the bag's design. However, on average, a sliding bag can hold up to several thousand pounds of cargo.