Why won't this python code work?

In summary, the code creates a list of numbers, removes the number 3 from the list, and prints the remaining numbers. However, there is an error because the index being removed is out of range.
dmatador
lists = [(2 * i + 1) for i in range(100)]

i = 0
while (i < 100):
if(lists == 3):
lists.remove(lists)
i = i + 1

print lists

It is giving me an error about the index being out of range. I am new to python and I am not understanding this error.

Edit: Fixed it. This is by no means messy. Pretty simple stuff. Stupid error on my part.

Last edited:
Technology news on Phys.org
dmatador said:
lists = [(2 * i + 1) for i in range(100)]

i = 0
while (i < 100):
if(lists == 3):
lists.remove(lists)
i = i + 1

print lists

It is giving me an error about the index being out of range. I am new to python and I am not understanding this error.

This looks a bit messy. What are you trying to do?

Related to Why won't this python code work?

1. Why am I getting an error when I run my python code?

There could be multiple reasons for getting an error in your python code. Some common reasons include syntax errors, incorrect indentation, missing or incorrect modules, or invalid data types. It is important to carefully review your code and make sure all elements are correctly written and in the right order. You can also use debugging tools or seek help from online forums or colleagues.

2. Why is my python code not producing the expected output?

There could be a few reasons why your code is not producing the expected output. It could be due to logical errors, incorrect use of functions or methods, or incorrect data manipulation. It is crucial to check your code thoroughly and use debugging tools to identify the issue. Additionally, you can try breaking down your code into smaller parts and testing each part individually to pinpoint the problem.

3. How can I fix a "NameError" in my python code?

A "NameError" is an indication that the variable or function you are trying to use is not defined or does not exist in your code. To fix this, double-check the spelling and syntax of the variable or function. It is also possible that the variable or function is defined in a different scope, so make sure it is accessible from where it is being used.

4. Why is my python code running slowly?

The speed of your python code can be affected by various factors, such as the complexity of your code, the size of the input data, and the efficiency of your algorithms. To improve the performance of your code, you can try optimizing your algorithms, using more efficient data structures, or parallel processing. Additionally, make sure to avoid unnecessary looping and use built-in functions whenever possible.

5. How can I make my python code more readable and maintainable?

To make your python code more readable and maintainable, you can follow coding conventions and best practices, such as using descriptive variable names, adding comments and documentation, and organizing your code into functions and classes. It is also essential to regularly review and refactor your code to make it more efficient and easier to understand for other developers.