Why Won't Norton Identity Safe Auto-Fill for Physicsforums Sign-In?

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses issues with Norton Identity Safe not automatically filling in the username and password for signing into physicsforums. The speakers question if this is intended or a specific lack in Norton Identity Safe. They also mention trying different browsers and the possibility of finding a solution in the settings. Ultimately, it is found that Norton Identity Safe does not work on different browsers and must be manually entered.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Norton Identity Safe will not auto-fill the username and password for signing into physicsforums. I wonder is this as intended of physicforums, or is this a specific lack in Norton Identify Safe for some forums, or is this unusual? I'm fairly sure that the browser (some forms of chrome) auto-fill password feature work (but I'll have to recheck...) NO. In fact, in regular mode, Google Chrome itself did not ask to save the login for my account signing into physicsforums.

Physics news on Phys.org
hmmm I don't think it has to do with our software. Maybe there is something in settings you can find, like a whitelist.

I will need to try a different computer, and a couple of different forms of chrome-type of browser. Maybe someone with more or different knowledge about using Chrome browser knows more what to do or expect.

Now I tried using Firefox 34 on Windows Vista and Norton ID Safe. I tried to create a new login combination for my physicsforums account. That part was successful. Closed browser after signing out of forums. Norton ID Safe will NOT work here either. No autofill nothing. I still must type in physicsforums user name and password. Norton ID Safe will not do it automatically and will not do it in response to a mouse click in the forum's login fields.

sign-in combination saved login&password saver in the chrome type browser (superbird v. 37) will not work either; saves a login but does nothing for it after that.

Related to Why Won't Norton Identity Safe Auto-Fill for Physicsforums Sign-In?

1. Why is there no auto-fill option for signing in?

The lack of auto-fill for signing in is a security measure to protect your personal information. Auto-fill allows for your login credentials to be saved and easily accessible, making it easier for others to access your account if they have access to your device.

2. Can I enable auto-fill for signing in?

No, it is not possible to enable auto-fill for signing in as it is a default setting for security purposes. However, you can use a password manager to securely store your login credentials and fill them in automatically for you.

3. Will my login information be saved if I use the same device?

No, your login information will not be saved or auto-filled even if you use the same device. This is to ensure that your personal information remains secure and protected.

4. Is there a way to bypass the no auto-fill for signing in feature?

No, there is no way to bypass this feature as it is a default setting for security purposes. It is recommended to manually type in your login credentials each time for added security.

5. How can I make the login process more convenient without auto-fill?

You can use a password manager to securely store and fill in your login credentials, or you can enable biometric authentication such as fingerprint or facial recognition if your device supports it. These options offer convenience while still maintaining the security of your personal information.