Why wont my Graphing Calculator link with my computer?

In summary: I will definitely let you know if i run into anymore problemsIn summary, the software isn't detecting the calculator, and the black serial cable doesn't work.
Tido611
Why won't my Graphing Calculator link with my computer??

ok here is the breakdown... I am running windows XP on my computer i installed the program last nite (with some help from you guys) and was really excited to start working with it but for some reason the graphing calculator(TI-83+) won't link with my computer for Graph Link or Connect so here i am, humbly, asking for more help

Computer science news on Phys.org
So the software isn't detecting your calculator? (I presume you have the TI Connectivity Kit (silver USB cable and TI Connect CD-ROM)).

Did you get windows to install the new hardware?Evertime you put new hardware into your PC you have to install to windows

no i have the black cable, no i didnt have windows instal the new hardware how would i do that?

ok, I checked and the black serial cable works with the 83 Plus. You can't use TI Connect since you have the black cable. You may use TI-GRAPH LINK only. Since the cable isn't USB, Windows won't automatically detect the calculator or install its drivers automatically from the CD, so you'll need to do it manually. You need to uninstall all previous TI software completely and start a fresh install of the TI-GRAPH LINK software. Disregard the CD the cable came with-- download the newest version of the software http://education.ti.com/educationportal/appsdelivery/download/download_select_product.jsp?cid=us&displaymode=F&contentpaneid=7 and install it. Let me know if you have any problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah I am still having problems with this thing i did what u told me, uninstalled everything, reinstalled the program off that site and tried again but i still got nothing, when i try to send flash software it does influence to calculator it will pause the blinking cursor for 2 seconds and then won't show any other signs.

Last edited:
alright i guess that's my best bet, thanks a lot for all the help component

Related to Why wont my Graphing Calculator link with my computer?

1. Why won't my graphing calculator connect to my computer?

There can be several reasons why your graphing calculator is not linking with your computer. One possibility is that the USB cable or port is damaged, so try using a different cable or port. Another reason could be that the calculator and computer are not compatible, so make sure you are using the correct software and drivers for your specific calculator model.

2. How do I know if my computer recognizes my graphing calculator?

If your computer recognizes your graphing calculator, it will show up as a connected device in your device manager. You can also check if the calculator is recognized by trying to transfer files between the two devices.

3. Can I link my graphing calculator with a Mac computer?

Yes, you can link your graphing calculator with a Mac computer. However, you may need to download specific software and drivers for your calculator to work with a Mac. Check the manufacturer's website for compatibility information and instructions.

4. Why is my graphing calculator not transferring files to my computer?

There could be a few reasons why your calculator is not transferring files to your computer. First, make sure that the cable you are using is a data cable and not just a charging cable. Also, check that the calculator is in the correct mode for file transfer. If the issue persists, try restarting both devices and trying again.

5. What is the purpose of linking my graphing calculator with my computer?

Linking your graphing calculator with your computer allows you to transfer files, update the calculator's software, and backup important data. It also allows you to use your computer's larger screen and keyboard to work on larger equations or graphs.