Link Monitors: Connect 2 Monitors to 1 Computer

• Thread starter DarkAnt
  • Start date
In summary, to connect two monitors together, you will need a graphics card with dual head support. This feature can be found in most high end GeForces, which is recommended. A list of cards with this feature can be found at http://www.directron.com/dualhead.html. It's also worth noting that the speaker recently received a GeForce as a gift, which has dual head support. Happy holidays to everyone!
DarkAnt
An old computer died last week and I was wondering what to do with its monitor (which is still relatively new). How would I go about making my two monitors link together so I can have one big monitor connecting to one computer?

Computer science news on Phys.org
You would need a graphics card with dual head support. Here is list of some cards with such feature:

http://www.directron.com/dualhead.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Most high end GeForces will have this ability and that's what I'd recommend.

I just got a GeForce for christmas!
What luck =)

ty dduardo and Greg

Merry Christmas everyone (or whatever holiday you celebrate)

1. What are link monitors?

Link monitors are devices that allow you to connect two monitors to one computer. They act as a splitter, sending the signal from your computer to both monitors simultaneously.

2. How do I connect two monitors to one computer using link monitors?

To use a link monitor, you will need to connect the device to your computer's display port. Then, connect your two monitors to the link monitor using their respective cables. Finally, turn on the monitors and your computer should automatically detect them.

3. What are the benefits of using link monitors?

Using link monitors allows you to expand your computer's display and increase productivity. You can have multiple applications or documents open on different screens, making it easier to multitask. It is also useful for presentations or gaming.

4. Can I use different types of monitors with link monitors?

Yes, you can use different types of monitors with link monitors as long as they have compatible ports. For example, you can connect a VGA monitor and an HDMI monitor to the link monitor as long as your computer has VGA and HDMI ports.

5. Are there any limitations to using link monitors?

One limitation of using link monitors is that the resolution on both monitors may be limited to the resolution of the lower-resolution monitor. This may affect the image quality on the higher-resolution monitor. Additionally, link monitors may not support certain features like 3D or high refresh rates on gaming monitors.