Why is TIRPN causing my TI-89 Titanium to run slowly?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter jimalex
  • Start date
  • Tags
    ti-89
In summary, the conversation discusses issues with the TIRPN app on a TI89 Titanium calculator. The app runs slowly and causes the busy indicator to stay on, but it does function and the calculator returns to normal speed when the app is exited. The user wonders if there is a problem with the app or if their calculator is trying to crash. They also mention that TIRPN is an rpn environment and seems to be the best option among similar apps. There is not much information available about others experiencing difficulties with TIRPN.
jimalex
I loaded TIRPN on my TI89 Titanium, and when it runs, the busy indicator stays on and the app runs very slowly. VERY Slowly. But it does function, and I can exit the app back into the regular worktop and the system recovers its speed. My calc is not fully loaded down with apps.

Is something wrong with the app, maybe, or is my calculator trying to crash? Any Ideas what I should do?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I forgot to mention, TIRPN is an rpn environment. It appears to be the best one, from what I could tell (as there are more than half a dozen to choose from). There isn't much out there saying people have had a hard time with it.

Related to Why is TIRPN causing my TI-89 Titanium to run slowly?

1. How can I make my TI-89 T'm stay busy?

The best way to keep your TI-89 T'm busy is to use it for various calculations and programming tasks. This will not only keep it occupied, but also help you improve your skills and knowledge in using the calculator.

2. Is it normal for my TI-89 T'm to constantly be running calculations?

Yes, it is normal for your TI-89 T'm to be constantly running calculations, especially if you are using it frequently. This is what it was designed for and it will not harm the calculator in any way.

3. Can I use my TI-89 T'm for more than just math and science?

Yes, you can use your TI-89 T'm for more than just math and science. It has various built-in functions and programming capabilities that allow you to use it for tasks such as creating graphs, solving equations, and even playing games.

4. How can I maximize the battery life of my TI-89 T'm?

To maximize the battery life of your TI-89 T'm, make sure to turn off the calculator when you are not using it and avoid leaving it on for extended periods of time. It is also recommended to use good quality batteries and to adjust the brightness of the screen to conserve power.

5. Are there any tips for keeping my TI-89 T'm in good condition?

To keep your TI-89 T'm in good condition, it is important to keep it clean and avoid dropping it or exposing it to extreme temperatures. You should also update the operating system and avoid using it with wet or greasy hands to prevent damage to the buttons and screen.