Computer Card Trick - Magical Fun on PDA-USA.com

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary: Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt i think i must be stupid! i can't see the obviousnes of this trick at all. In summary, the cards above are not the cards below.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
http://www.pda-usa.com/adventure/forwards/cardtric.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Clever, but obviously the cards below are none of the cards above. Thanks for the link Ivan.

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
Clever, but obviously the cards below are none of the cards above. Thanks for the link Ivan.

a minor chuckler

There are versions of this "trick" all over the net. Usually they actually use a change of browser window or something to mask the obviousness of the trick, but oh well...

Still amusing though, I agree.

i think i must be stupid! i can't see the obviousnes of this trick at all.

Originally posted by Andy

Hey Andy,
First, write down all of your options before choosing a card. Then choose, check the answer, and write down what you see.

OR play it backwards, pick a card from the bottom set, note that it does not appear in the top set. Strange how it works both ways! :wink:

OH MY GOD! How did i not see that! i think all this college rubbish is going to my head. I'm sure i would have noticed that before i started college! I will now have to go and beat myself with a very large stick!

make sure if you're going to beat yourself with a meter-stick, to hit hit yourself on the 67 cm mark. I learned that in college heh heh...

its already snapped! going to put a pin just under my toe and kick something very hard with my toe!

Originally posted by Andy

If you go from the presumption that a homepage can't read your mind you will easily come to the conclusion that the homepage is fooling you in some way.

I usually choose more than 1 option when encountering these tricks.

If you go from the presumption that a homepage can't read your mind you will easily come to the conclusion that the homepage is fooling you in some way.

Yea i know that, i was going with the assumption that it was a clever computer programme that was at work there.

1. What is the "Computer Card Trick" on PDA-USA.com?

The "Computer Card Trick" is a fun and interactive magic trick that can be performed on a PDA or personal digital assistant. It involves a deck of virtual playing cards and a series of instructions that will ultimately lead to the correct prediction of the user's chosen card.

2. How does the "Computer Card Trick" work?

The "Computer Card Trick" is based on a mathematical principle known as the "force" technique. The deck of virtual cards is designed to display a specific card at a predetermined point in the trick, based on the user's choices and interactions with the PDA. This creates the illusion of a random selection, but in reality, the trick is carefully orchestrated to reveal the chosen card.

3. Is the "Computer Card Trick" difficult to perform?

No, the "Computer Card Trick" is designed to be easy and user-friendly. The instructions are simple and easy to follow, and the trick can be performed by anyone with a basic understanding of how to use a PDA. However, it does require some practice and timing to perfect the illusion.

4. Can the "Computer Card Trick" be performed on any type of PDA?

Yes, the "Computer Card Trick" is compatible with most PDAs that have a touch screen and internet capabilities. It can be accessed through a web browser, making it accessible on a wide range of devices.

5. Is the "Computer Card Trick" suitable for all ages?

Yes, the "Computer Card Trick" is appropriate for all ages and can be enjoyed by both children and adults. It is a fun and entertaining way to pass the time and can be a great addition to parties or social gatherings.