Why is my sensor output only 1v when using a 2.5v reference voltage?

In summary, the sensor produces a differential output with a 2.5V DC reference in the output minus terminal. When placed near a setup with an accelerometer sensor, the output was 1V DC. The doubts are regarding the 2.5V reference voltage and its purpose. It is possible that the sensor has a range of 0-2.5V and the 1V reading suggests that the variable being sensed is intermediate in the range. The 2.5V could be used for power or as part of a voltage divider, but the specific part number is needed to confirm.
rama1001
I have sensor that produces differential output. I saw in the sensor schematic that they have used 2.5v DC as reference in the output minus terminal. I am taking sensor output as differential that both positive and negative(2.5DC ref terminal)in count. I got output as 1v of DC when the sensor is placed near to my setup(pump with Accelerometer sensor)

My doubts are..
1) What happened to 2.5 reff voltage. Why i get as 1v in output.
2) why we used these reference voltage.

Please clear my doubts.

Engineering news on Phys.org
The sensor probably puts out 0-2.5V over the range of the variable sensed. Possibly, -2.5 to +2.5 V. The 1V reading means what you are sensing is intermediate in the range.

My guess is that you must supply the 2.5V for power. But it could also be a voltage divider accepting up to 2.5V. You would have to give us the part number to be sure.

Related to Why is my sensor output only 1v when using a 2.5v reference voltage?

What is a voltage reference?

A voltage reference is a circuit component that provides a stable and precise voltage output. It is often used as a point of comparison to measure other voltages in a circuit.

Why is a voltage reference important?

A voltage reference is important because it allows for accurate and consistent measurements in a circuit. It also ensures that the circuit is operating within the desired voltage range.

How does a voltage reference work?

A voltage reference works by using a stable and well-defined voltage source, such as a zener diode or bandgap reference, to generate a precise output voltage. This output voltage is then used as a reference for other measurements in the circuit.

What factors can affect the accuracy of a voltage reference?

Several factors can affect the accuracy of a voltage reference, including temperature, power supply noise, and aging of the components. It is important to choose a voltage reference with low temperature coefficient, good power supply rejection, and long-term stability to minimize these effects.

How can I choose the right voltage reference for my application?

When choosing a voltage reference, consider the required accuracy, temperature range, power supply noise, and long-term stability needed for your application. It is also important to consider the voltage and current requirements and choose a reference that can provide enough output for your circuit.