Why is my integration in Mathematica not working?

• Thread starter aminbkh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematica
In summary, the conversation involves a question about fitting in Mathematica, specifically obtaining a parameter from experimental data through fitting. The answer suggests using the FindFit function in Mathematica, although the asker also mentions a problem with a function that should be solved and then put into a second equation. Another user chimes in with a possible solution involving an integration in Mathematica, but notes a discrepancy in the result.
aminbkh
Hi,
I have a question about fitting in Mathematica.I have a function like this:
F=T*Y^(0.5) T is temperature but Y obtained from this coupled equation 1-u*Y=u(1-u/Y^.4)^.5*Y
I have T and F from experimental data.so I want to obtain u from fitting.
could you please advise me how can I do it by Mathematica.
Thank you

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Question about matlab

Hi,
I have question if you could answer me, I really appreciate it. I have an equation which I wan to solve it to experimental data \[Rho] = t*Y^.5*a + Y^.8/sqrt (1 + 4*Y)*t*a^2 where a is parameter which I want to obtain by fitting and t is vector that I know for each experiment. and Y obey this equation 1 - (1 - u)*Y = u*(1 + g/t*y^.5)^.5*Y^.43 where u and g are again system Dependant parameter which should be obtained by fitting it means that in each iteration first that coupled equation should be solved with respect to Y and put in rho equation to obtain u,g and a do you know if MATLAB is able to do that or not?or ant other suggestion I really appreciate your help

thank you for your answer
but the problem is the function Y should be solved and then put in second equation and both of them have some adujstable parameters,
could you advise me more please.

Hi all,
I have this integration in mathematica but I don't know why doest work.
Could you please help me?

Integrate[HeavisideTheta[0.1 - x], {x, 0, 100}]

Thank you so much for your help

aminbkh said:
Hi all,
I have this integration in mathematica but I don't know why doest work.
Could you please help me?

Integrate[HeavisideTheta[0.1 - x], {x, 0, 100}]

Thank you so much for your help

It works when I do it. See the attached notebook. Did you mis-type it?

Edit: Oops, I see what you mean. The answer should be 0.1, not 100.0. Looks like a bug. It plots the Heviside function correctly, but appears not to integrate it correctly. Hmmm.

Attachments

• Theta.nb
    1.5 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:

Related to Why is my integration in Mathematica not working?

1. What is "F=T*Y^(0.5) Mathematica"?

"F=T*Y^(0.5) Mathematica" is an equation that represents a mathematical relationship between two variables, F and Y, where F is equal to the product of T and the square root of Y. Mathematica is a software program that is commonly used by scientists and mathematicians for mathematical calculations and data analysis.

2. How do you use "F=T*Y^(0.5) Mathematica"?

To use "F=T*Y^(0.5) Mathematica", you will need to have the Mathematica software installed on your computer. Once you have opened the software, you can input the equation into the program and specify the values for the variables T and Y. The program will then calculate the value of F based on the given values.

3. What is the significance of the exponent 0.5 in "F=T*Y^(0.5) Mathematica"?

The exponent 0.5 in "F=T*Y^(0.5) Mathematica" represents the square root function. This means that the value of Y is being raised to the power of 0.5, which is equivalent to taking the square root of Y. This is a common mathematical operation and is used to find the value of the variable Y in the equation.

4. Can "F=T*Y^(0.5) Mathematica" be used for any type of data?

Yes, "F=T*Y^(0.5) Mathematica" can be used for any type of data as long as the variables T and Y are numerical values. This equation is commonly used in physics, engineering, and other scientific fields to represent relationships between variables.

5. Are there any limitations to using "F=T*Y^(0.5) Mathematica"?

As with any mathematical equation, there may be limitations to using "F=T*Y^(0.5) Mathematica". The equation may not accurately represent the relationship between the variables in certain situations or for certain types of data. It is always important to carefully consider the appropriateness and accuracy of any equation before using it in scientific research or analysis.