Why Is My 87kb BMB File Not Uploading?

• Thread starter scott1
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is having trouble uploading an 87kb .bmb file and has been receiving a message saying "file uploading" for the past 30 minutes. They are seeking instructions to successfully upload the file and have tried again with no success. They have checked the file size and dimensions and have determined that it is within the allowed limits. They have also tried using a jpeg file, which was successful, but do not have any bmp files to try. They have been advised to wait for assistance if the issue persists.
scott1
I'am trying upload an 87kb .bmb file.I need help.
I don't if I'am doing somthing worng it been saying file uploading please for the past 30 min(maybe an hour)
Can some give me insturctions to upload files

Physics news on Phys.org
I think you just tried to do it while PF had a short downtime. Try again and see if it works this time.

I'am trying it again.

It should upload very quickly. If it still doesn't work this time, report back again...it might mean there's a glitch somewhere (unless you have a very slow connection speed).

It still hasn't uploaded

Is it within the maximum dimensions allowed?
bmp Max. file size:100.0 KB Max width:1280 Max height: 1024

If that's not it, then we have to wait for Greg or Chroot to help. If you've gotten so far as it to be trying to upload, then I can't imagine anything you would have done wrong as long as the filesize is within the limits allowed.

I just tried with a jpg, and that worked, but I don't have any bmp files to try.

Moonbear said:
Is it within the maximum dimensions allowed?
bmp Max. file size:100.0 KB Max width:1280 Max height: 1024
Yes it's within limits
Moonbear said:
I just tried with a jpg, and that worked, but I don't have any bmp files to try.
I'll see if that works

Jpegs are better for almost all purposes anyway.

Scott, did it end up working for you with jpegs?

Related to Why Is My 87kb BMB File Not Uploading?

1. What does it mean to "upload attached files"?

Uploading attached files refers to the process of transferring digital files from a local computer or device to a remote server or storage space. This allows for the sharing and access of files from different locations and devices.

2. What types of files can be uploaded as attachments?

The types of files that can be uploaded as attachments depend on the specific platform or software being used. Generally, most file types such as documents, images, videos, and audio can be uploaded as attachments.

3. Are there any size limitations when uploading attached files?

Yes, there are often size limitations when uploading attached files. This is because larger files take longer to transfer and can also use up a lot of storage space. Some platforms or software may have specific size limits, so it's important to check before attempting to upload a large file.

4. Are there any security concerns when uploading attached files?

Yes, there can be security concerns when uploading attached files. It's important to make sure that the platform or software being used has proper security measures in place to protect the files being uploaded. It's also important to be cautious when sharing sensitive or confidential files as they can potentially be accessed by unauthorized users.

5. Can attached files be edited after they are uploaded?

It depends on the platform or software being used. Some platforms may allow for editing of attached files while others may not. It's important to check the features and capabilities of the platform before attempting to edit an attached file.