Why do some users have 0 posts on forums?

• Thread starter ddpeepz
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about the discrepancy between the number of posts displayed on a user's profile and the actual number of posts they have made. It was revealed that only posts in science and math-related threads count towards the post tally, and that the forum does not place importance on the number of posts. The conversation also touched on the topic of humor and posting quality.
ddpeepz
wondering about "0 posts"

Just curious... I've seen a few people (myself included), who have posted a few messages, but their info box still says "0 posts". Can someone let me know why this is the case?

Do you need to reach a certain number of posts before the number changes?

Physics news on Phys.org

ddpeepz said:
Just curious... I've seen a few people (myself included), who have posted a few messages, but their info box still says "0 posts". Can someone let me know why this is the case?

Do you need to reach a certain number of posts before the number changes?
No, you need to send me money and I'll fix it for you.

Seriously, only posts in threads relating to science and math count. General Discussion posts don't add to your tally.

turbo-1 said:
Seriously, only posts in threads relating to science and math count. General Discussion posts don't add to your tally.

ahhh.. gotcha - thanks!

Maybe someone could update the site to say "Science Posts:" instead of just "Posts:", or something similar.

FtlIsAwesome said:
Maybe someone could update the site to say "Science Posts:" instead of just "Posts:", or something similar.
We don't rank people by the number of posts here like some other forums, so it's not important.

Evo said:
We don't rank people by the number of posts here like some other forums, so it's not important.

yes we do! wait... *looks at evo's count* no we don't :biggrin:

Greg Bernhardt said:
SEE!

Uhm, wait... :redface:

I remember when we had cute names for reaching posting levels, then we decided that quality was more important than quantity.

Which is why I work in the bargain basement. (still wonders how she racked up so many posts outside of GD)

Yah... as if!

turbo-1 said:
No, you need to send me money and I'll fix it for you.
I would definitely like it if you send me money... but I won't fix anything for you. :-p

turbo-1 said:
Posts in the Jokes section should count. Making people laugh is an honorable pursuit.
>we need a Saluting Emoticon<
"The Humor States Comedy Force hereby awards you the Laughing Heart..."

Greg Bernhardt said:
Evo said:
You're the admin, so... you could cheat and give yourself more posts.

Evo said:
I remember when we had cute names for reaching posting levels,
Emphasis added
Good thing you got rid of them. I'm a guy.

Evo said:
then we decided that quality was more important than quantity.
Does this mean that if I make one post on a working theory of quantum gravity I become the greatest PF member?

Sorry... I just raided the Egypt thread... I'm in Laughamaniac mode...

I love your sense of humor FtlIsAwesome. Unfortunately posting a personal theory is against the Guidelines, check with me about getting some GOOBF cards. (Get Out Of Banning Free)

Related to Why do some users have 0 posts on forums?

1. What does "0 posts" mean?

"0 posts" refers to the number of posts that have been made on a particular platform or forum. It indicates that there are currently no posts or discussions on that platform.

2. Why are there no posts on this platform?

There could be a variety of reasons for there being no posts on a particular platform. It could be a new platform that has not yet gained a lot of users, or it could be a platform that is not typically used for posting, such as a website for a company or organization.

3. Is it possible for there to be 0 posts on a popular platform?

While it is possible for there to be 0 posts on a popular platform, it is unlikely. Popular platforms typically have a large user base and active discussions, so it is more common to see a high number of posts.

4. What can be done to increase the number of posts on a platform?

To increase the number of posts on a platform, it is important to engage users and encourage them to participate in discussions. This can be done through creating interesting and relevant content, promoting the platform to potential users, and fostering a welcoming and active community.

5. Are there any potential drawbacks to having 0 posts on a platform?

Having 0 posts on a platform can potentially be a drawback as it may indicate a lack of activity or interest from users. This may deter potential users from joining or engaging with the platform. It is important for platforms to have a good balance of posts and engagement to maintain a thriving community.