Why Did Android Lollipop Remove the Hand Gesture Feature for Selfies?

In summary, the recent android version, Lollipop, no longer includes the palm gesture for taking a selfie after 2 seconds. This feature was present in the previous version, Kitkat. It is not clear why some handy features are removed when modifying software, as there could be many reasons such as management decisions, testing, or bugs.
Raghav Gupta
In the recent android version which is Lollipop the feature of palm showing to mobile to take a selfie after 2 seconds has been removed or I am not able to spot it clearly?
There is also a space left in between camera reversal and some beauty thing.

Earlier that was there in Kitkat version.
Why when modifying softwares some removes some other handy features to bring in new features?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Raghav Gupta said:
Why when modifying softwares some removes some other handy features to bring in new features?
Software gets modified for many reasons. It could have been a management decision, the result of testing or just a simple bug. My favorite is operator error. :smile:

Related to Why Did Android Lollipop Remove the Hand Gesture Feature for Selfies?

1. Why doesn't my Android Lollipop have a hand gesture feature in selfie mode?

The hand gesture feature in selfie mode was originally introduced in Android Lollipop, but it was later removed in subsequent updates. This was due to user feedback and concerns about accidental activation of the feature, resulting in unintended photos being taken.

2. Can I still use hand gestures in selfie mode on my Android Lollipop device?

No, the hand gesture feature in selfie mode is no longer available on Android Lollipop devices. It has been replaced by other features such as voice commands or the use of the volume buttons to take a photo.

3. Will the hand gesture feature be added back in future Android updates?

It is unclear if the hand gesture feature will be added back in future Android updates. Google has not made any official announcements regarding this feature, so it is best to assume that it will not be brought back.

4. Are there any alternative ways to take a selfie without using the hand gesture feature?

Yes, there are other ways to take a selfie on an Android Lollipop device without using the hand gesture feature. You can use the camera timer, voice commands, or the volume buttons to take a photo.

5. Can I still use hand gestures in other modes on my Android Lollipop device?

Yes, the hand gesture feature is still available in other modes such as video recording or regular photo mode. It was only removed from selfie mode due to user feedback and concerns.