Why can't I change my home page on Yahoo!?

• Thread starter Chen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Home
In summary: I have no idea why.In summary, Google has updated their algorithm and the layout of the site. The layout change is confusing because it removed links to directory categories.
Chen
Today I finally moved to Google.com, after realizing it is the site I probably use the most every day. Besides, it's easy to load so I don't have to wait ages every time I open a new browser window.

What's your home page?

Computer science news on Phys.org
blank :biggrin:
usually I open the browser anyway cause I have a lot of documentation in html and I don't like to go on a site unless I need to...

Google, has been and will be for a long time to come.. although I really don't like how they've changed their algorithm and the layout of the site recently :mad:

Google, Gooogle

Hey.. I thought I was alone in this Google home page world :)

yahoo before but now itz google :)

Always was, Always been Google for me

Google's algorithm change

Monique said:
Google, has been and will be for a long time to come..
Ditto.

Monique said:
although I really don't like how they've changed their algorithm and the layout of the site recently :mad:
I noticed the layout changed slightly. I didn't know they changed the algorithm. Lemme check...

[Chris checks to see where his site ranks...]

...Wow. My site ranks at number six now. This algorithm change is great. I don't see why you don't like it, Monique.

Because now if I try to find something, I can't find any reasonable information anymore! They changed the algorythm so that .edu sites have a higher ranking or that if the name is in the URL it gets a high ranking too. I don't know.. just doesn't work for me.

They also removed the links to directory categories when you search for some popular term.

Google. When I am not on PF I am usually browing around on Google. I am suprised that many people do have Google on their homepage, otherwise it'd probably be Yahoo or something along those lines.

The Bomb

Google is the bomb but to have a little fun try the mirror to find it just search for google mirror :cool:

That's pretty trick, but they need to get the letters backwards to make it totally authentic.

about:blank

I like it to come up quickly so I can get where I'm going quickly.

cookiemonster

Google seems to be much worse this morning. There is no longer an option to display all search results related by website domain name. Searches that used to return hundreds of hits now only return five or so.

firefox page, never bothered to change it

Yahoo!

and for some reason I can't change it anymore.

Related to Why can't I change my home page on Yahoo!?

1. What is a home page?

A home page is the main page of a website, often the first page that is seen when visiting a website. It typically provides an overview of the site's content and navigation options.

2. Why is a home page important?

A home page is important because it serves as the first impression of a website and can greatly impact a user's decision to continue browsing. It also helps users quickly and easily find the information they are looking for.

3. How do you design a home page?

Designing a home page involves considering the purpose and target audience of the website, organizing content in a clear and user-friendly manner, and incorporating visual elements such as images and color to enhance the overall design.

4. Can a home page be changed?

Yes, a home page can be changed at any time. In fact, it is common for websites to update their home page periodically to keep the content fresh and relevant. However, it is important to consider the impact of any changes on the overall user experience.

5. How can I make my home page more effective?

To make a home page more effective, consider the target audience and their needs, use clear and concise language, make use of visuals to enhance the design, and regularly update the content to keep it relevant and engaging.