Who Owns PF? | Is PF a For-Profit Website?

• Thread starter petergreat
  • Start date
In summary, PF is owned by Richard D. James and is not a for-profit website. It is run by volunteers, including founder Greg Bernhardt, and has no paid staff. The site is not officially registered as a non-profit organization, but it is not designed to make a profit for its owner.
petergreat
Who owns PF? Is PF a for-profit website? Are there any full-time staff?

Physics news on Phys.org
i'm pretty sure it's owned by some guy named Richard D. James, you should check out his music

no, not from what i can tell

volunteers i believe

Greg Bernhardt, non-profit, no paid staff, although many people working full time to keep it going.

Borek said:
Greg Bernhardt, non-profit, no paid staff, although many people working full time to keep it going.

Well, no paid staff anyway. :wink:

I don't think we can lay claim to being non-profit.

Borek said:
Just to clarify, the people working are all volunteers, and the amount of time they are willing to spend at the forum is their own choice. There are no paid employees.

Ivan Seeking said:
Well, no paid staff anyway. :wink:

I don't think we can lay claim to being non-profit.
There is a difference in not making a profit (or much) and filing for tax exempt status as a non-profit organization.

Just to clarify - when I wrote about non-profit I didn't mean legal status of the site, just that PF is not a site designed to make Greg rich.

Famous perhaps.

Related to Who Owns PF? | Is PF a For-Profit Website?

1. Who owns PF?

The ownership of PF (also known as "Planet Fitness") is divided among multiple entities. The majority owner is TSG Consumer Partners, a private equity firm. Other minority owners include private investors and the company's management team.

2. Is PF a for-profit website?

Yes, PF is a for-profit company that operates a chain of fitness centers. The company generates revenue from membership fees, as well as merchandise sales and franchise fees.

3. Who profits from PF?

As a for-profit company, the profits of PF are distributed to its owners and shareholders. This includes the majority owner, TSG Consumer Partners, and other investors and management team members.

4. How does PF use its profits?

The profits of PF are primarily used for business operations and expansion. This includes opening new fitness centers, investing in marketing and advertising, and funding the company's day-to-day operations.

5. Are there any non-profit aspects of PF?

While PF is a for-profit company, it does have a charitable arm called the "Judgement Free Generation™". This program supports anti-bullying and youth wellness initiatives in partnership with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and STOMP Out Bullying. Additionally, some PF locations offer free fitness classes to members of the Boys & Girls Clubs.