Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Who is Yllka?

• Admin

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012
I can see Yllka has accepted the rules at 1970-1-1, which I interpret as never.
He/she/it has registered on August 11th, and been last active at August 12th... except I see him/her/it everyday now.
Or is it another test member?

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I believe the reported date the rules are accepted has a bug in it that is intrinsic to the vBulletin software.

This user is usually logged on with Tapatalk, which evades some of the reported activity features. I see sometimes that posts of mine are thanked by users who do not show up in the list of users that have read the topic, and I am certain it is because they were using Tapatalk at the time.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I can confirm that this is a bug and it's most likely due to the fact that our rules system is an add-on to the standard out-of-box vB code. With modifications/add-ons like this we sometimes risk problems that won't be supported by the vB staff since it's not their code. It seems that the date problem doesn't occur too often and when it does it's always in 1970. If someone notices a date that's not between January 2012 and now, or in 1970, please let me know.

Yllka appears to only visit MHB from his/her phone but even so maybe he or she will say hello soon. :)

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
The date/time I most often see that I know is an error is December 31, 1969 at 19:00, such as for this user:

View Profile: emrr5 - Math Help Boards | Free Math Help

I don't recall seeing a 1970 date, but perhaps for some reason this last day of 1969 sticks out more to me.

• Admin

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012
The date/time I most often see that I know is an error is December 31, 1969 at 19:00, such as for this user:

View Profile: emrr5 - Math Help Boards | Free Math Help

I don't recall seeing a 1970 date, but perhaps for some reason this last day of 1969 sticks out more to me.
Let me guess. You are at UTC-5?

Edit: For reference, if you google 1970, the first hit gives you: "January 1 – UNIX epoch begins."
An immediate consequence is that the UNIX epoch sort of ends in 2038.
This is when the "real" millennium problem will occur.
We should count down to it... 25 years from now.

Last edited:

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
Or maybe this member did, in fact, accept the rules 43 years ago, and has been contributing to MHB ever since. Now that this information from the past has begun to reach us, we may be seeing more posts from him/her in the very near future as they emerge into our space-time continuum. (Tongueout)

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012
Or maybe this member did, in fact, accept the rules 43 years ago, and has been contributing to MHB ever since. Now that this information from the past has begun to reach us, we may be seeing more posts from him/her in the very near future as they emerge into our space-time continuum. (Tongueout)
It's the 13th Doctor!!

-Dan

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
  • Admin

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012
I recently noticed that a member named Yllka was online on PF... all of the time.
She/he/it has a post count of zero and joined on Aug11-13.

Last edited: