Which university in Canada is best for mining engineering?

In summary, the conversation discusses the best universities in Canada for mining engineering. Some suggestions for top schools include the University of British Columbia, Queen's University, British Columbia Institute of Technology, and McGill University. Laurentian University also has a dedicated program in mining engineering. The conversation then shifts to discussing the location of Laurentian University and McGill University's program in mining engineering. The conversation ends with a question about what the individual enjoys about mining or the mining environment.
Miner25
Hi.

I am wondering which university in Canada is best for mining engineering.

Waiting for your replies!

Physics news on Phys.org
Such requests usually lead to very poor to no answers. If you get a useful answer here great, but I doubt it. Your question is way too broad, and furthermore you should do your own research.

Check out university of British Columbia and Queen's University

British Columbia Institute of Technology has an engineering program for mining. It is very intensive since it is two full course loads per semester.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that McGill University is the best for mining engineering. Is that true?

Laurentian has a dedicated program in mining engineering.

Where is Laurentian?

Does anyone now anything about the program in McGill?

Hi, if I may ask, was is it you feel that you will enjoy about mining, or the mining environment?

Related to Which university in Canada is best for mining engineering?

1. What are the top universities in Canada for mining engineering?

The top universities for mining engineering in Canada are the University of British Columbia, Queen's University, and the University of Toronto.

2. How do these universities rank globally for mining engineering?

According to the QS World University Rankings, the University of British Columbia is ranked #6, Queen's University is ranked #16, and the University of Toronto is ranked #25 for mining engineering.

3. What are the admission requirements for these universities' mining engineering programs?

The admission requirements vary for each university, but generally, they require a high school diploma with strong grades in math and science courses, along with standardized test scores and letters of recommendation.

4. What are the job prospects for mining engineering graduates from these universities?

The job prospects for mining engineering graduates from these top universities in Canada are excellent. Graduates can expect to find employment in various industries, including mining, energy, construction, and consulting.

5. Are there any unique opportunities or programs offered by these universities for mining engineering students?

Yes, each university offers unique opportunities for mining engineering students, such as co-op programs, research opportunities, and partnerships with industry leaders. For example, the University of British Columbia has a Mineral Processing and Applied Geochemistry program, while Queen's University has a Mine Design and Construction program.