Which pump is suitable for a mist fan?

• Thread starter Kashif Usman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fan Pump
In summary, the conversation is about the creation of a mist fan for cooling purposes. The person is seeking guidance on the specifications for the fan, including tube diameter, nozzle specifications, and pump specifications. They mention that the mist should be low level and reach about 4 to 5 feet. The level of mist required depends on the intended use, with a finer mist and higher pressure needed for evaporative cooling for people. The person also mentions that they are a bird lover and live in a hot climate, with water being stored in tanks.
Kashif Usman
Dear All,

Would you please guide me regarding I want to make a mist fan. A low level mist is required almost 4 to 5 feet. I need all information regarding tube dia, nozzal specification specially pump specification.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kashif Usman

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

How misty? The finer the mist, the higher the required pressure. If you're looking to "mist" flowers, it won't need to be too high, but if you are looking to do evaporative cooling for people, you'll want a much finer mist and higher pressure. And how much water (flow rate)?

russ_watters said:
Welcome to PF!

How misty? The finer the mist, the higher the required pressure. If you're looking to "mist" flowers, it won't need to be too high, but if you are looking to do evaporative cooling for people, you'll want a much finer mist and higher pressure. And how much water (flow rate)?

Thanks for reply. its all about cooling but not for people... I am bird lover and in Karachi, Pakistan temperature is almost 42 C. Water is stored in tanks.

Related to Which pump is suitable for a mist fan?

1. What are the important factors to consider when choosing a pump for a mist fan?

The important factors to consider when choosing a pump for a mist fan are the flow rate, pressure, power source, and compatibility with the mist fan system. The flow rate determines how much water the pump can deliver, and the pressure determines the force at which the water is delivered. The power source can be either electric or manual, and it is important to ensure that the pump is compatible with the mist fan system to ensure proper functioning.

2. Is a high flow rate or high pressure more important for a mist fan pump?

Both the flow rate and pressure are important for a mist fan pump. A high flow rate is important to ensure that enough water is delivered to create a fine mist, while a high pressure is important to ensure that the mist is sprayed with enough force to reach a wider area. It is best to choose a pump that has both a high flow rate and high pressure.

3. Can any pump be used for a mist fan?

No, not all pumps are suitable for a mist fan. It is important to choose a pump specifically designed for misting applications. These pumps are designed to handle the high flow rate and pressure needed for misting, and they also have features such as corrosion resistance and low noise levels that are important for mist fan use.

4. How do I determine the right size of pump for my mist fan?

The right size of pump for a mist fan depends on the size and capacity of your mist fan system. It is important to match the flow rate and pressure of the pump with the mist fan's requirements. You can refer to the mist fan manufacturer's specifications or consult with a professional to determine the right size of pump for your mist fan.

5. Are there any maintenance or upkeep requirements for a mist fan pump?

Yes, mist fan pumps require regular maintenance and upkeep to ensure optimal performance. This can include cleaning the pump and its components, checking for any leaks or damage, and replacing any worn out parts. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and schedule for maintenance to prolong the life of the pump.