Is Scientific American Online Worth Subscribing To?

• Thread starter physicsisphirst
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scientific
In summary, Scientific American Online is the online version of the popular science magazine, Scientific American. It can be accessed for free through their website and also offers a subscription service for exclusive content and digital issues. The magazine has been a trusted source of science and technology news for over 175 years and accepts submissions from experts in the field.
physicsisphirst
I would be interested to hear comments about this site
http://www.sciam.com/
since we are thinking of subscribing.

Are there preferred alternatives that can be recommended?

Our interest area is physics so perhaps there are things more specific?

hey! i just saw there is an interview with Michio Kaku this month:
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=0000AB94-4016-1FBE-801683414B7F0000&chanID=sa008 [Broken]

in friendship,
prad

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
There is also old issues of Scientific America on PGutenberg. Those come out almost daily.

It ultimately depends on your personal preferences and interests. Scientific American Online offers a wide range of articles and content related to various scientific fields, including physics. If you are interested in staying up to date on the latest advancements and research in the field of physics, then a subscription to Scientific American Online may be worth it for you. However, if you are looking for more specific and in-depth content, there may be other publications or websites that cater specifically to physics that you may find more useful. It's always a good idea to do some research and compare different sources before making a decision. As for the interview with Michio Kaku, it could be a great opportunity to hear from a renowned physicist and gain insights into their work and ideas. Ultimately, it's up to you to determine if the content and features offered by Scientific American Online align with your interests and needs.

1. What is Scientific American Online?

Scientific American Online is the online version of the popular science magazine, Scientific American. It features articles, news, and research on various topics in science and technology.

2. How can I access Scientific American Online?

You can access Scientific American Online by visiting their website at www.scientificamerican.com. The website is free to access and does not require any subscription.

3. Can I subscribe to Scientific American Online?

Yes, you can subscribe to Scientific American Online to receive exclusive access to their premium content and digital issues of the magazine. Subscriptions can be purchased on their website.

4. Is Scientific American Online a reliable source of information?

Yes, Scientific American has been a trusted source of science and technology news for over 175 years. Their articles and research are thoroughly fact-checked and reviewed by experts in the field.

5. Can I submit my own research to be published on Scientific American Online?

Yes, Scientific American Online accepts submissions from scientists, researchers, and experts in various fields of science and technology. Submissions can be made through their website.