Which PE track should I go down?

• Thread starter steves1080
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Track
In summary, there are several tracks within the field of Physical Education, including exercise science, sports management, kinesiology, and athletic training. To decide which track is right for you, research each one and consider your interests and career goals. Each track will have different courses, but common ones include anatomy and physiology, motor development, and exercise physiology. While most tracks involve physical activity, the amount and type may vary. Career options for each track also vary, with options such as personal training, sports administration, research, and sports medicine.
steves1080
I was just given a new position as a hydraulics engineer. We have a system that lifts large structure using hydraulic cylinders with pneumatic systems and hydraulics fluid. My question is which of these two tracks should I focus on for my PE? I want to go for the most relevant one to this job.

THanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Guess I should list the choices, huh..

It's between-
Mechanical: Mechanical Systems and Materials
Mechanical: Thermal and Fluids Systems

Related to Which PE track should I go down?

1. What are the different tracks in the field of Physical Education?

There are several tracks within the field of Physical Education, such as exercise science, sports management, kinesiology, and athletic training. Each track focuses on different aspects of physical activity and movement.

2. How do I decide which PE track is right for me?

The best way to decide which PE track is right for you is to research each track and consider your interests, strengths, and career goals. You can also speak with a career counselor or academic advisor for guidance.

3. What kind of courses should I expect to take in each PE track?

The specific courses will vary depending on the track you choose, but some common courses among all tracks may include anatomy and physiology, motor development, exercise physiology, and biomechanics. Each track will have additional specialized courses as well.

4. Will I have to participate in physical activity as part of my coursework?

While most PE tracks will involve physical activity in some form, the amount and type of activity will vary. Some tracks, such as athletic training, may require more physical activity than others, but all tracks will have a balance of academic coursework and practical experience.

5. What career options are available with each PE track?

There are a wide range of career options within each PE track. For example, exercise science graduates may go on to become personal trainers, fitness instructors, or physical therapists. Sports management graduates may work in sports administration, event planning, or coaching. Kinesiology graduates may pursue careers in research, teaching, or fitness consulting. Athletic training graduates may work in sports medicine, rehabilitation, or athletic training for a specific team or organization.