Which normal kidney functions should not be replaced by a dialysis machine?

In summary, the conversation is about the normal kidney functions that should not be replaced by a dialysis machine. One person suggests that blood pressure should not be replaced, especially for patients with heart problems. They also recommend using Google for more information. Another person mentions a few names of qualified individuals in the forum who may be able to provide an answer.
GodsChild086

I've got one answer...but not enough. I don't even know if this is right, but I said blood pressure - patients with heart problems.

Can anyone help?

Physics news on Phys.org
Heh, this is a good place to be asking that question in. I honeslty don't know the answer, but I recommend using Google above using a physics forum.

There's a doctor in this forum somewhere, I just forgot her name.

I tell you later, I am going to learn about the functions of organ of human.

Adrenaline?

Adrenaline?

yes, the OP should try asking her Monique, Ian Smith, Moonbear...I'm not quite sure if there's anyone else that is qualified.

Related to Which normal kidney functions should not be replaced by a dialysis machine?

1. What is dialysis and how does it work?

Dialysis is a medical procedure used to filter the blood and remove waste products and excess fluid from the body when the kidneys are not functioning properly. It involves the use of a machine called a dialysis machine which acts as an artificial kidney.

2. Which normal kidney functions can be replaced by a dialysis machine?

A dialysis machine can replace the function of filtering waste products and excess fluid from the blood, as well as regulating the body's electrolyte balance, which are all functions of the kidney.

3. Are there any kidney functions that cannot be replaced by a dialysis machine?

Yes, there are some functions of the kidney that cannot be replaced by a dialysis machine. These include the production of hormones such as erythropoietin and renin, which are important for red blood cell production and blood pressure regulation respectively.

4. How long do dialysis sessions typically last?

The length of time for a dialysis session can vary, but it usually lasts for 3-5 hours and is typically done 3 times a week. This can vary depending on the individual's specific needs and condition.

5. Is dialysis a permanent treatment for kidney disease?

No, dialysis is not a permanent solution for kidney disease. It is a treatment that helps to manage the symptoms and replace some of the kidney functions, but it is not a cure. The goal is to eventually receive a kidney transplant, which can then replace all normal kidney functions.