Why isn't the eyeball popping when I move my mouse over it?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the phrase "Here's looking at you, kid" is often used as a term of endearment or admiration for someone. It originated from the 1942 film "Casablanca" and is still a well-known expression, frequently used in popular culture. The phrase can have different meanings depending on the context, and has been referenced in various songs and forms of media.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Move your mouse over the eye. Kind of cool.

http://www.sunbelt-software.com/stu/eye.htm

Physics news on Phys.org
actually, that's a little disturbing.

Yeah, pretty cool and funny

I've seen a scary one made by Flash too, see if I can find the URL.

It's pretty gross. Nice one, Ivan.

cool but gross

Koooooooooooooooool!

I guess I moved my mouse around too fast, because the eye popped right out of its socket.

Yeah, the new distortion (sp?) techniques (sp?) in flash MX.

Great. Now I need therapy.

Damn, i couldn't make the eyeball pop, no matter how much i moved the mouse...

1. What does the phrase "Here's looking at you, kid" mean?

The phrase is often used as a term of endearment or as a way to express admiration for someone. It can also be interpreted as a way to say "I see you" or "I am paying attention to you."

2. Where did the phrase "Here's looking at you, kid" originate?

The phrase became popular after it was used in the 1942 film "Casablanca," starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. It was said by Bogart's character, Rick, to Bergman's character, Ilsa, as a way to express his feelings for her.

3. Is "Here's looking at you, kid" a common expression?

While it may not be used as frequently as other phrases, it is still a well-known expression and is often used in popular culture, such as in movies or TV shows.

4. Can the phrase "Here's looking at you, kid" have different meanings?

Yes, the meaning of the phrase can vary depending on the context in which it is used. It can be used as a statement of affection, admiration, or even as a way to say goodbye.

5. What are some other popular references to the phrase "Here's looking at you, kid"?

The phrase has been referenced in many songs, such as "Here's Looking at You, Kid" by The Gaslight Anthem and "Looking at You, Kid" by The Boomtown Rats. It has also been used in various forms of media, such as book titles and advertisements.