Which books are good for learning spectrum computation?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of learning how to calculate the spectrum for elements and the recommendation of books for this purpose. However, it is mentioned that there are no books available at the OP's level and it is suggested to learn things in order. The OP also clarifies that they want a book with detailed deduction in using quantum/atomic physics for applications such as He spectra and that other applications are welcome as well.
thaiqi
Hello everyone.
I 'd like to learn how to calculate the spectrum for elements. Which books are recommended?

Physics news on Phys.org
There are no books available at your level, sorry.

Vanadium 50 said:
There are no books available at your level, sorry.
Thanks.

thaiqi said:
Hello everyone.
I 'd like to learn how to calculate the spectrum for elements. Which books are recommended?
Sorry, what does this question mean? What kind of a spectrum of an element? Like X-ray spectroscopy or emission spectra or something? If you could post links to your reading so far, that would be helpful. Thanks.

Given that the OP is still struggling with basic QM, there is no way a suitable text on a more advanced topic can be found.

Got to learn things in order: can't learn calculus before addition.

Likes vanhees71
berkeman said:
Sorry, what does this question mean? What kind of a spectrum of an element? Like X-ray spectroscopy or emission spectra or something? If you could post links to your reading so far, that would be helpful. Thanks.
Thanks.
I want a book which has detailed deduction in using quantum/atomic physics for the application(such as He spectra etc. which is more complicated than the H spectra). Other applications also are welcome. (e.g. I am referring to Sobel'man 's Introduction to the Theory of the Atomic Spectra.)

Related to Which books are good for learning spectrum computation?

1. What is spectrum computation and why is it important to learn?

Spectrum computation is a mathematical method used to analyze and understand the frequency components of a signal or data set. It is important to learn because it has applications in a wide range of fields, including signal processing, image and audio analysis, and machine learning.

2. What are some good books for learning spectrum computation?

Some recommended books for learning spectrum computation include "Spectral Analysis and Time Series" by M. B. Priestley, "Spectral Methods in Matlab" by L. N. Trefethen, and "Spectrum and Network Measurements" by R. A. Witte.

3. Do I need a strong background in mathematics to understand spectrum computation?

While a strong foundation in mathematics is helpful, it is not necessary to have a deep understanding of advanced mathematical concepts to learn spectrum computation. Many books on the subject provide clear explanations and examples that can be easily understood by those with a basic knowledge of calculus and linear algebra.

4. Are there any online resources or tutorials available for learning spectrum computation?

Yes, there are many online resources and tutorials available for learning spectrum computation. Some popular options include online courses on platforms like Coursera and edX, as well as video tutorials on YouTube.

5. How can I apply my knowledge of spectrum computation in real-world situations?

Spectrum computation has various real-world applications, such as in signal processing for improving audio and image quality, in machine learning for feature extraction and classification, and in physics for analyzing and understanding the properties of waves and signals. It can also be useful in fields such as finance, biology, and geology for analyzing data and making predictions.