Which are the best car brands considered value for money?

In summary, Audi and Mercedes-Benz are considered to make the best quality cars, based on their value for money and the quality of their products. Kia has made the biggest improvement over the years, but that is only because they were so bad in the 90s. Consumer Reports recommends spending time at their website to learn more about their ratings and reviews.
Grands
In your opinion which company makes the best quality car considering the value for money?
Which company uses the best products inside the cars?

In my opinion good cars are Audi and Mercedes-Benz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Kia has made the biggest improvement over the years, but that is only because they were so bad in the 90s.

Here is a nice ranking
https://www.kia.com/us/k3/content/media/downloads/consumer-reports/consumer-reports-brand.pdf

Likes russ_watters and Grands
Greg Bernhardt said:
Kia has made the biggest improvement over the years, but that is only because they were so bad in the 90s.

Here is a nice ranking
https://www.kia.com/us/k3/content/media/downloads/consumer-reports/consumer-reports-brand.pdf
This consumer report is made asking only US consumers ?

Grands said:
I don't think it's based on consumer reviews but some other data.

Likes Grands
Grands said:
Do I have to subscribe ?
My apologies, I didn't realize that Consumer Reports wants you to subscribe in order to read their reviews. I've deprecated my post above.

Likes Grands
Grands said:
In your opinion which company makes the best quality car considering the value for money?

Why? How do you justify or support your opinion? Do you consider maintenance costs and reliability?

Grands said:
Greg Bernhardt said:
I don't think it's based on consumer reviews but some other data.
Consumer Reports performs its own testing.

Can't beat a Yugo or Trabi for high quality relative to price!

(Yeah, right...)

Last edited:
Likes CalcNerd
Grands said:

This is purely anecdotal, but I have always had good luck with mazda.

Likes russ_watters
Dacia! The perfect combination of French engineering and communist craftsmanship!

Likes Asymptotic and Grands
Vanadium 50 said:
Dacia! The perfect combination of French engineering and communist craftsmanship!
Why communist ?

symbolipoint said:
Consumer Reports performs its own testing.
Yes, Consumer Reports has its own test facility and performs its own testing. Reliability scores, however, are based on surveys sent to readers. The magazine rates car models sold in the US. Personally, I prefer Subarus. But the car I would love to have if I were ever to win the lottery is a late 60's Triumph TR-4A.

Likes Grands
The more expensive the sales, the more manufacturers value brands

1. What factors are considered when determining the value for money of a car brand?

The value for money of a car brand is determined by several factors, including the initial cost of the car, its fuel efficiency, maintenance and repair costs, resale value, and overall reliability.

2. Are luxury car brands considered value for money?

Luxury car brands may offer high-quality vehicles with advanced features, but they are often more expensive and have higher maintenance costs, making them less value for money compared to more affordable brands.

3. Which car brands are known for offering the best value for money?

Some car brands that are known for offering the best value for money include Toyota, Honda, Subaru, and Mazda. These brands have a reputation for producing reliable and fuel-efficient cars at affordable prices.

4. How can I determine the long-term value for money of a car brand?

To determine the long-term value for money of a car brand, you can research the reliability ratings and resale value of the brand's vehicles, as well as read reviews from current owners to get an idea of their overall satisfaction with their purchase.

5. Is it better to buy a slightly more expensive car brand for better value for money?

Not necessarily. While a slightly more expensive car brand may offer more advanced features and better performance, it may not necessarily provide better value for money compared to a more affordable brand with similar features and reliability. It's important to research and compare different brands to find the best value for your budget.