Remembering PF veterans of old

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, we lost major players upon converting to PF3 and leaders and outstanding scholars did not reestablish their PF memberships. Alexander.
Entropia - I responded to your PM, but you never got back to me! Did you get it?

Physics news on Phys.org
does someone know what with obssesive maths freak?

Entropia said:
Yes, I know.

But, I havn't seen her post nearly as much as she used to.
Hey folks ... its nice to see PF up and running. :smile:
Hi there Entropia (and Tom ... and AG) ... no I haven't posted at PF at all for the last 1 year or so, I think. It was taking too much of my time, for one. Plus I read something about it going to be shut down or become a paid forum etc, I don't really remember.

Then this morning I type out a Google search for Jacob Bronowski's quote, the one which used to be my signature (probably still is ... or maybe not) and I run across this thread re: PF Veterans. Wow ... it was so nostalgic. Then I tried logging in and it still works. Wow ... :smile:

I don't think I can post much ... but hey, its great to be back :biggrin:

Holy wow! Siv! Welcome back! Great to see you again, you have been missed I assure you. :smile:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Holy wow! Siv! Welcome back! Great to see you again, you have been missed I assure you. :smile:
Thanks Greg. Nice of you. :blush:
PF and IIDB have always been my favourite forums and I'm now back at both :approve:

How're things here ? Who remains and who doesn't ? Have you found enough funds to run PF for a long long time ?

Not much of a change with me. More than 3.5 years of happy married life ... still going strong. Still haven't decided about kids, though we both would like to adopt one soon. Switched jobs, moved up the corporate ladder ...
Read up quite a bit on memetics ... AG ... you listening ? Yeah, you were right, its fascinating !

The "prodigal daughter" returns. Excellent.

Hey hey, welcome back!

Siv said:
Plus I read something about it going to be shut down or become a paid forum etc, I don't really remember.

No, we're still here and better than ever. We're also still free, but there are "Premium" memberships available, with a few extra perks (you won't have to look at the ads, for one thing).

Thanks guys. Its great to be back. :smile:

<h2>1. Who are the PF veterans of old?</h2><p>The PF veterans of old refer to the former members of the People's Front, a political party that was active in the early 20th century. They were known for their activism and contributions to social and political causes.</p><h2>2. Why is it important to remember PF veterans of old?</h2><p>Remembering PF veterans of old is important because they played a significant role in shaping history and fighting for social justice. Their contributions should not be forgotten and can serve as inspiration for future generations.</p><h2>3. How can we honor the PF veterans of old?</h2><p>There are several ways to honor the PF veterans of old, such as erecting memorials or plaques in their honor, organizing commemorative events or ceremonies, and preserving their stories and legacies through historical documentation.</p><h2>4. What impact did the PF veterans of old have on society?</h2><p>The PF veterans of old had a significant impact on society, as they were instrumental in advocating for workers' rights, women's rights, and other social causes. They also played a crucial role in the fight against colonialism and oppression.</p><h2>5. How can we ensure that the legacy of PF veterans of old is not forgotten?</h2><p>We can ensure that the legacy of PF veterans of old is not forgotten by educating future generations about their contributions, preserving historical records and artifacts related to their activism, and continuing to advocate for the causes they fought for.</p>

1. Who are the PF veterans of old?

The PF veterans of old refer to the former members of the People's Front, a political party that was active in the early 20th century. They were known for their activism and contributions to social and political causes.

2. Why is it important to remember PF veterans of old?

Remembering PF veterans of old is important because they played a significant role in shaping history and fighting for social justice. Their contributions should not be forgotten and can serve as inspiration for future generations.

3. How can we honor the PF veterans of old?

There are several ways to honor the PF veterans of old, such as erecting memorials or plaques in their honor, organizing commemorative events or ceremonies, and preserving their stories and legacies through historical documentation.

4. What impact did the PF veterans of old have on society?

The PF veterans of old had a significant impact on society, as they were instrumental in advocating for workers' rights, women's rights, and other social causes. They also played a crucial role in the fight against colonialism and oppression.

5. How can we ensure that the legacy of PF veterans of old is not forgotten?

We can ensure that the legacy of PF veterans of old is not forgotten by educating future generations about their contributions, preserving historical records and artifacts related to their activism, and continuing to advocate for the causes they fought for.