Where Should I Ask My Matlab Programming Question?

• Thread starter Sonolum
  • Start date
In summary, the person is unsure where to post a question about how to do something in Matlab and is looking for guidance. They have posted their question in the Math & Science Software forum, but have not received any responses yet.
Sonolum
I am unsure where to post a question regarding how to do something in Matlab... I know that is a bit cryptic, but I'm trying to only ask WHERE I should post the question, and not ask the question itself in this forum. Because it is not a homework question, and also because it concerns computer programming in addition to mathematics and physics, I'm not clear about whether I should post in the Computer Science and Programming section, the Mathematics section, the Physics section, or all three, or even somewhere else entirely.

I have also posted my question in the MatLab forums here, but have not received any responses as yet: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/296303

I hope that someone will reply and guide me to the appropriate thread to place my question in. Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Physics news on Phys.org
Sonolum said:
I am unsure where to post a question regarding how to do something in Matlab... I know that is a bit cryptic, but I'm trying to only ask WHERE I should post the question, and not ask the question itself in this forum. Because it is not a homework question, and also because it concerns computer programming in addition to mathematics and physics, I'm not clear about whether I should post in the Computer Science and Programming section, the Mathematics section, the Physics section, or all three, or even somewhere else entirely.

I have also posted my question in the MatLab forums here, but have not received any responses as yet: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/296303

I hope that someone will reply and guide me to the appropriate thread to place my question in. Thank you in advance for any assistance!

The Math & Science Software forum description includes Matlab:

Matlab, Mathematica, Stata, Maple, LaTeX...

So I'd think that's a good forum to try. Definitely only post in one forum -- multiple posting is not allowed on the PF. If you end up thinking that a different forum would have been better to post in, just click the Report button, and ask the Mentors to move the thread.

Thank you!

Related to Where Should I Ask My Matlab Programming Question?

1. Where can I find help for my Matlab programming question?

There are several resources available for getting help with Matlab programming questions. You can start by checking the official Matlab documentation, which includes tutorials, examples, and a search function for specific topics. You can also join online forums or discussion boards dedicated to Matlab where you can ask questions and get feedback from other users. Additionally, many universities offer Matlab workshops or have dedicated tutoring services for students.

2. Can I ask my Matlab programming question on Stack Overflow?

Yes, you can ask your Matlab programming question on Stack Overflow. It is a popular online community for programmers where you can post your question and receive answers from other users. However, make sure to search for similar questions before posting and follow the guidelines for asking a clear and specific question. Also, keep in mind that Stack Overflow is not a tutoring service, so it's best to do some research and attempt to solve the problem yourself before asking for help.

3. Is there a specific forum or website for Matlab programming questions?

Yes, there are several forums and websites dedicated to Matlab programming questions. Some popular options include Matlab Central, Reddit's r/matlab community, and MATLAB Answers. These platforms allow you to post your question and receive answers from other users. Make sure to read the guidelines and search for similar questions before posting to ensure the best chance of getting a helpful response.

4. How can I improve my chances of getting a helpful response when asking a Matlab programming question?

To increase your chances of getting a helpful response, make sure to provide all relevant information about your question, such as your code, error messages, and specific problem you are trying to solve. It's also helpful to include any research or attempts you have made to solve the problem yourself. Additionally, following the guidelines of the platform or forum you are using and being respectful and courteous to other users can also improve your chances of getting a helpful response.

5. Can I hire a tutor or consultant for my Matlab programming question?

Yes, there are many experienced Matlab programmers who offer tutoring or consulting services for a fee. You can search for these services online, or ask for recommendations on forums or discussion boards. However, make sure to thoroughly research and check the credentials of the tutor or consultant before hiring them. It's also a good idea to have a clear understanding of the services they offer and the cost before committing.