Where is the sticky for posting good questions in Homework/Coursework?

• Thread starter Vanadium 50
  • Start date
In summary, there used to be a sticky in Homework/Coursework that outlined the steps for posting a good question, including relevant equations and progress made. However, it seems to have been removed and replaced with the questions being provided in the editor box. The previous paragraph explanations for each element may have been removed when the posting template was implemented.
Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2023 Award
There used to be a sticky in Homework/Coursework that described the steps of how to post a goos question - e.g. what are the relevant equations, how far have you gotten, etc. I don't see it any more. Has it been moved?

Physics news on Phys.org
Vanadium 50 said:
There used to be a sticky in Homework/Coursework that described the steps of how to post a goos question - e.g. what are the relevant equations, how far have you gotten, etc. I don't see it any more. Has it been moved?

Those questions are given in the editor box when you make a new thread. Is that what you mean?

I think that sticky was unstuck when the posting template was implemented.

Hi Greg-

Yes, that's what I mean. There used to be a paragraph or so for each element explaining it. Is it gone?

Related to Where is the sticky for posting good questions in Homework/Coursework?

What is the purpose of the "Homework/Coursework Sticky"?

The "Homework/Coursework Sticky" is used to keep track of all assignments and coursework for a given class. It serves as a central location for students to easily access and submit their assignments.

How do I access the "Homework/Coursework Sticky"?

The "Homework/Coursework Sticky" can typically be accessed through an online learning platform or through a designated folder in a class's shared files. Students may also receive a physical copy of the sticky from their teacher.

Can I edit my assignments on the "Homework/Coursework Sticky"?

Yes, you can edit your assignments on the "Homework/Coursework Sticky" as needed. This may include adding additional information, making corrections, or attaching updated versions of your work.

What happens if I miss a deadline on the "Homework/Coursework Sticky"?

It is important to communicate with your teacher if you anticipate missing a deadline on the "Homework/Coursework Sticky". Your teacher may allow for an extension or provide alternative options for submitting your assignment. However, it is ultimately up to the teacher's discretion.

Can I see other students' assignments on the "Homework/Coursework Sticky"?

It depends on the settings and permissions set by your teacher. Some teachers may allow students to view each other's assignments for peer feedback, while others may keep the assignments private. It is important to follow your teacher's guidelines and respect the privacy of your classmates' work.