Where i can find complete data for material elastic constants?

In summary, material elastic constants are quantitative measures of a material's response to external forces and include parameters such as Young's modulus, shear modulus, and Poisson's ratio. Complete data for these constants can be found in materials databases, scientific journals, and online resources. The constants for a specific material can be determined through experimental tests or theoretical calculations, and they can change under certain conditions. Elastic constants are crucial in materials science for designing structures and selecting materials for specific applications.
yzou_ua
Where i can find complete data for material elastic constants??

I need elastic constants, piezoelectric coefficients & permittivity for different semiconductor alloy?
Someone could kindly help...

Physics news on Phys.org

Have you tried the CRC Handbook?

Zz.

NIST has some online information, and you could contact the relevant person directly for additional information which is not online or available for a fee.

http://www.nist.gov/srd/index.htm
http://www.nist.gov/srd/materials.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Where i can find complete data for material elastic constants?

1. What are material elastic constants?

Material elastic constants are quantitative measures of a material's response to external forces, specifically its ability to deform and return to its original shape. They include parameters such as Young's modulus, shear modulus, and Poisson's ratio.

2. Where can I find complete data for material elastic constants?

Complete data for material elastic constants can be found in various sources such as materials databases, scientific journals, and textbooks. Online resources like MatWeb, NIST, and ASM Materials Information can also provide comprehensive data for a wide range of materials.

3. How do I determine the elastic constants for a specific material?

The elastic constants for a specific material can be determined through experimental tests, such as tension, compression, or shear tests, which measure the material's response to external forces. These values can also be calculated using theoretical models or simulations.

4. Can the elastic constants of a material change?

Yes, the elastic constants of a material can change under certain conditions, such as changes in temperature, pressure, or the presence of defects or impurities. The values of elastic constants can also vary depending on the direction of force applied to the material.

5. How important are elastic constants in materials science?

Elastic constants are crucial in materials science as they provide essential information about a material's mechanical properties, which are essential for designing and predicting the behavior of structures and materials in different applications. They also play a significant role in material selection and optimization for specific uses.