Where Can I Learn String Theory Online with Math and Everything?

In summary, this person is looking for information on string theory online, and has found some good resources.
Superposed_Cat
Where can I learn string theory online with the math and everything? ANY help appreciated. Tanks in advance.

Ps I'm looking for links, I really can't afford books. I'm a high school student. I know the principles but haven't attempted any math above the Schrödinger equation for a quantum well. If I need extra math where can I learn that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks and whoa, 7,192 posts aty y! How long has this forum been up?

Actually, I don't know. I found this a few years ago, and had the impression it had already been up for some years then. Maybe ZapperZ or D H or Borek would know?

Do you really think you're ready for string theory?

I think you should make sure you know how to walk before you try to skip. You might end up standing on your face.

dauto said:
I think you should make sure you know how to walk before you try to skip. You might end up standing on your face.

I think he needs to learn how to breathe first.

Either way,

I preffered the second one so far

The fourth link is also nice but why is energy a vector?

Last edited by a moderator:
Superposed_Cat said:
The fourth link is also nice but why is energy a vector?

You mean in equation 1.1? That E vector is the electric field and the integral is calculating the energy contained in that field.

Thanks, I am such a n00b :-)

Thanks steam king and jtbell, I thought you were joking when you said the Britney thing.

SteamKing said:
IDK about string theory online, but Britney Spears has a nice site which explains semiconductor physics, if you are interested:

http://britneyspears.ac/lasers.htm

Lol that was so good. Definitely sending this to my professor.

Related to Where Can I Learn String Theory Online with Math and Everything?

1. What is String Theory?

String Theory is a theoretical framework in physics that attempts to reconcile the theories of general relativity and quantum mechanics. It proposes that the fundamental building blocks of the universe are not particles, but instead tiny, vibrating strings.

2. Can String Theory be learned online?

Yes, there are many online resources available for learning String Theory. These include online courses, lecture videos, and interactive simulations.

3. What are the benefits of learning String Theory online?

Learning String Theory online provides the convenience of being able to access materials at any time and from any location with an internet connection. It also allows for self-paced learning and the ability to revisit concepts multiple times.

4. What are the prerequisites for learning String Theory online?

A strong foundation in mathematics, particularly calculus and linear algebra, is essential for understanding String Theory. A basic understanding of quantum mechanics and general relativity is also helpful.

5. Are there any recommended online resources for learning String Theory?

Some recommended online resources for learning String Theory include the online courses offered by the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics and the Institute for Advanced Study, as well as the lecture videos by Leonard Susskind on YouTube.