Where can I find the density of pure L-Proline?

In summary, the density of pure L-Proline is 1.35 g/cm^3 and is typically measured using a laboratory balance and a graduated cylinder. Factors such as temperature, pressure, and impurities can affect its density. Compared to other amino acids, L-Proline has a slightly higher density of 1.35 g/cm^3. Its density is important in research and industry as it can be used to identify and characterize the compound, determine its concentration, and aid in the development of pharmaceuticals and other products containing L-Proline.
Starbug
A simulation I'm running takes the density as an input when preparing the system and I'd prefer not to have to measure it experimentally so it would be really useful if this was tabulated somewhere. I was looking in the Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, but L-Proline has no entry in it's density column there. I wondered if anyone knew a good source for this.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
The Merck Index might have it.

There are several reputable sources where you can find the density of pure L-Proline. One option is to check chemical databases such as ChemSpider or PubChem, which provide comprehensive information on chemical compounds including their physical properties. Another option is to search for peer-reviewed articles or research papers that have measured the density of L-Proline. These can often be found through online databases such as ScienceDirect or Google Scholar. Additionally, you can try reaching out to academic or industrial researchers who have worked with L-Proline and may have access to the necessary data.

Related to Where can I find the density of pure L-Proline?

What is the density of pure L-Proline?

The density of pure L-Proline is 1.35 g/cm^3.

How is the density of pure L-Proline measured?

The density of pure L-Proline is typically measured using a laboratory balance and a graduated cylinder. The mass of a known volume of L-Proline is measured, and then divided by the volume to calculate the density.

What factors can affect the density of pure L-Proline?

The density of pure L-Proline can be affected by temperature, pressure, and impurities. As temperature increases, density decreases. Pressure can also affect density, with higher pressures resulting in higher densities. Impurities in the sample can also impact the density measurement.

How does the density of pure L-Proline compare to other amino acids?

The density of pure L-Proline is slightly higher than other common amino acids, such as alanine and glycine, which have densities of 1.26 g/cm^3 and 1.60 g/cm^3, respectively.

Why is the density of pure L-Proline important in research and industry?

The density of pure L-Proline is an important physical property that can be used to identify and characterize the compound. It is also useful in determining the concentration of L-Proline in a solution or mixture, and can aid in the development of pharmaceuticals and other products that contain L-Proline.