Where can I find recommended books to learn about Quantum Physics?

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for book recommendations to learn more about Quantum Physics. They mention wanting something not too easy or too complicated, and the person responding suggests two books - An Introduction to Quantum Mechanics and Principles of Quantum Mechanics - with a preference for Shankar's book due to its overview of important math. They also recommend buying the books from Amazon and welcome the person to the forum.
Lexie_AT
I'd like to have some ideas of books so that I get to know more about Quantum Physics. Not something too easy not something really complicated but something to know more about the subject. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Lexie_AT said:
I'd like to have some ideas of books so that I get to know more about Quantum Physics. Not something too easy not something really complicated but something to know more about the subject. Thanks.

Hi,

How much mathematics do you know? I'd normally recommend Griffith's An Introduction to Quantum Mechanics , or Principles of Quantum Mechanics by Shankar. But it is very dependent on how much mathematics you know.

Hi and thanks !

Well I'm finishing high school... I think that the Introduction goes well with my case. I studied maths in advanced course but not like I'm hoping to study them next year... So to begin the two books seem great !

Lexie_AT said:
Hi and thanks !

Well I'm finishing high school... I think that the Introduction goes well with my case. I studied maths in advanced course but not like I'm hoping to study them next year... So to begin the two books seem great !

Also, I'd suggest reading Shankar first, it has an overview of the important math in the beginning, and is centered towards one person rather than a class.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Okay, I'll try to find them in the library or buy thel on the internet ! Thanks for your advices !

Thank you ! :)

You guessed right, Amazon is my second best friend, just after google ! :) Thanks for sharing !

Related to Where can I find recommended books to learn about Quantum Physics?

1. What is a bibliography?

A bibliography is a list of sources used in a research paper or project. It typically includes books, articles, websites, and other materials that were consulted during the research process.

2. Why is a bibliography important?

A bibliography is important because it gives credit to the original authors and sources of information used in a research paper. It also allows readers to locate and verify the information used in the paper.

3. What information is included in a bibliography?

A bibliography typically includes the author's name, title of the source, publication date, and other relevant publication information. For books, it may also include the publisher and location. For online sources, the URL is usually included.

4. How is a bibliography formatted?

The format of a bibliography can vary depending on the citation style used, such as MLA, APA, or Chicago. Generally, sources are listed in alphabetical order by the author's last name, and each entry is formatted with hanging indents.

5. Do I need to include every source I read in my bibliography?

No, you do not need to include every source you read in your bibliography. Only sources that were directly referenced or used in your research should be included. However, it is important to make sure all sources used are properly cited to avoid plagiarism.